All in favor of state wide QDM Say I !!!!!

Defcon15

I would have to say...YES!! If there were to be antler restrictions, it would not take the spike or fork horn away from a first hunter--it would just promote the same first deer to be an 8 pointer. For every spike/4 horn that was not shot, in two years, they would be an 8 point. Maybe it would be a little harder to shoot legal bucks since they would be older when legal; but, at the same time, with the number of bigger bucks in the woods, I am guessing that it would not be all that much harder. Besides, letting bucks mature isn't all that bad. And, it would create a more intense rut...sounds good to me. In other words, I do not think that people should be worried that there will be less opportunities for younger hunters to shoot bucks--there will be the same number of bucks--just bigger!! And, if you are hunting for 100% meat, there are plenty of does to go around. Just my two cents.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
mkg 1023 said:
yeah kinda like a pretty duck mount

BTW, did you see the $100 reward band in it as well. You are very observant :hammers:

hambone44

calvin said:
I hunted and killed a very large buck a couple years back.
But before I could kill him, I had to kill a very large Doe that I could not trick to save my soul. She was game quary let me tell you.

I had to dig a "Fox Hole" in the ground, line the bottom with charcoal and put a natural blind around it so I could litterally rise up out of the ground to kill her.

After I did, I killed that buck within a week....it took me two seasons to kill that doe.

calvin

I believe it! I believe it!! Sounds like a good plan you had.

If I ever get my cross-"hars" (or sight pin) on the ol' tattle-doe, I am gonna lay her out!

She was just sittin' out there just outa range or in ol' brushy stuff, and I could see bits an' pieces of her, and she would just stomp and snort and bounce aroun', and she didn't even see me, and if she smelled me upwind, I must stink baahahaahahad.

Made me maaaaddd. :mad: :mad:

I left her area and settled for a dumber doe last SAt. morn... :fine:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
In technical terms the state is already a QDM state. Only one of your bucks can be under 4pt's an 1" long on one side.

If you shoot a spike, your next buck has to have 4 on a side of at least 1" or longer.

It's a good first step.

Tommy

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
protest Quack Deer Management--shoot A Buttonhead!!

sgsjr

Banned
To make myself clear, I dont have a problem with someone taking a doe if they get some enjoyment from it. I personnaly do not get one bit of excitement from shooting does.

mkg 1023

WOODIE13 said:
BTW, did you see the $100 reward band in it as well. You are very observant :hammers:

No buddy, i missed that. Are ya gonna write me a check or pay pal or how you wanta handle that :cheers: