Ammo dealing going forward...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
There are millions of rounds out there to be had from private dealings.

Case in point, for the 10mm I bought the other day..For a while now, I have said no new calibers, but I digress...

The fact was, I needed some hunting ammo.

I called an old buddy whose collection dwarfs mine and asked if he had 100 rounds of ammo he didn't need. He calls me back, and says he has some nice Hornady stuff he'd part with, come see him and we'd work it out.

Long story short, he refused to take any money, said I owed him one, and sent me on my way.

Back at the house, I felt the need to make things "right", so I started digging.

I had a few partial boxes of .270 and .300 WSM, that I no longer have guns for, and an ancient box of WW .270 that was priced $6.99.

I texted Ol' Boy and asked if he used those calibers, if so I had a present for him...

He was as tickled as can be with a few odd rounds, and the antique box of .270's.

I asked if he felt good about the deal, and he said he felt good about it in the first place.

We agreed to help each other out, going forward.

If we all do this kind of thing, we'll be fine...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Absolutely. I just wrote about this very thing in another thread. Boolits make for good barter, even if it's a caliber you don't own. Your story is a classic example of helping friends, family, and fellow sportsmen out in times of uncertainty.

Yep, figgered this was a good time for this subject to have it's own thread.

All is not lost.

Far from it...

bullgator

A guy and his wife at the gym told me Friday they just picked her up a Glock 48 recently but hadn’t shot it because they couldn’t find 9mm. I ask if they’d be there Saturday. I brought him a box of factory fmj and a handful of HPs to get started with. They were like kids on Christmas.

Nimrod71

It makes me feel good to help people. I agree we all have to work together to get through times like these. Hopefully it will only last 4 years. Buying, sellings and swapping are all part of life. Yes, most of us have a little we can spare. If in need just ask.