Another lost property thread

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Couple years ago, we lost almost half our hunting property because it sold and was turned into feed lot pastures for cattle. "Nothing stays the same, and only the rocks live forever". Anon...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If this is in Oconee, would you mind PMing me the listing/contact information? Looking for property in Oconee to live on. Thanks in advance.

Send me a pm with your email address.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Been in the family for at least 80 years.
Mama didn't want the hassle and my Uncle needed the money.

The "family farms" left my family one generation ahead of me. "Whut we GON do with that land?" :huh:

Nuttin a fella can do about it, theirs to sell.

PappyHoel

The "family farms" left my family one generation ahead of me. "Whut we GON do with that land?" :huh:

Nuttin a fella can do about it, theirs to sell.

I've got family land in Missouri, 150 acres. We have all agreed to keep it in the family. It goes back to 1883.

BDD

I’m in the same boat, but the situation is a little worse, well a lot worse when you think about it.
I had access to about 200 acres right out my back door. Hunting access for the last 25 years,
Many years my son and I were the only ones with access. It’s under contract and the city approved
A 365 home subdivision. So, not only did I lose my hunting land but , there goes the neighborhood.

whitetailfreak

I inherited 30 acres from my grandfather in North Georgia, and could never imagine selling it. I was practically raised on that ground. It's part of a larger tract inherited by aunts and uncles, and they know who to call if they ever get a hankering to sell.

specialk

living on borrowed time here....been leasing for 36 years.....land has passed thru 2 generations of family.....expecting a call/letter anytime......

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
living on borrowed time here....been leasing for 36 years.....land has passed thru 2 generations of family.....expecting a call/letter anytime......

I have one tract that way too. I leased it from the current owners mother in 1988. 3rd generation of my family hunting there now.