Any members here from western Kentucky?

Doboy Dawg

My prayers to all those affected by the tornadoes in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Illinois, and Kentucky. It’s really hard for me to fathom a tornado that stayed on the ground over 200 miles.

I’ve seen too much of this firsthand, I traveled to Miami with a truckload of supplies as Hurricane Andrew was passing through. I witnessed the unbelievable power of 200 mph wind damage.

I’ve been to several tornado relief efforts, I just can’t imagine a 200 mile non stop path of that destruction and the loss of life.

May the Lord in Heaven above provide shelter, food, and medical supplies to those in need, in Jesus name Amen

Last edited:

TomC

I was in Mayfield early last week, have driven through that town square many times and just have a hard time digesting these aftermath pictures being shown on tv that's only 25 miles from me.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have much family around LBL, all came through unscathed.
One the Mrs friends was doing travel nursing in IL nearby the Amazon warehouse, alls well with her.
God is good.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sad to say that scams pop up in the midst of tragedy.
Good place to check on how much of your money goes to the charity program and how much to the folks managing the charity.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/

BIL and his family live just north of Murray one county south of Mayfield. They lost power but otherwise came through okay. He was having to scramble to locate kerosene and propane as apparently he doesn't keep stuff like that on hand. I imagine he'll be without for awhile.
I grew up west of Birmingham, AL where tornados are a regular occurrence so I keep propane, kerosene, coleman fuel/stoves/lanterns, chainsaw/premix/bar oil, gloves, boots, mre type food on hand at all times. Went through the Oak Grove F5 storm in '98 so I know that prep work is worth it.

Jimmy morg

We lived in symsonia 4 years ago which is about 10 miles from mayfield. I done a lot of concrete work around mayfield. In fact I repaired the loading docks at the candle factory about 8 years ago. Makes me sick to my stomach to see all that. My grandson who is in my avatar lives in Murray which is about 20 minutes from mayfield. Had a lot of friends who completely lost their homes. It’s a tragic loss of life.

Meriwether Mike

Prayers for our friends in Kentucky. This went about 15 miles north of my lease in Kentucky.

Duff

Man, my heart breaks for those folks. Terrible

oldfella1962

It’s bad…..real bad. Right before Christmas too.

amazing and tragic! The only thing I can compare this to (from my experience) is Bosnia and Iraq. :( I can't believe even more people weren't injured and killed.