Any updates on RemArms Lagrange production

HughW2

I have seen press releases stating that RemArms is planning to move rifle production to Lagrange, GA plant and intends to keep shotgun production at Ilion, NY for the near term. I have been watching to see if I can find any Rem 700s that have barrel stamp of Lagrange. So far no luck. Has anyone heard any updates on how production in Lagrange is going. The plant might not even be up and running yet??

I have been hearing good things about production being to a higher standard with the new 700s coming out of NY. Hoping to see RemArms Remington getting back to the great reputation they had in the 70s-80s. Also looking forward to the Lagrange plant being a big success.

I'm just waiting for them to start making the 760's again. What on earth are they waiting on? They could literally sell hundreds of thousands of the things.

HughW2

The new production coming out of Ilion is getting good reviews. Much better attention to receiver function and fit of barrel to receiver, better finish on bluing. New BDLs are getting great marks. To your point they just seem slow on getting good inventory into retailers. Hopefully Once Lagrange gets up to speed things will get better.

earlthegoat2

The he 783 is being built in LaGrange currently if you can. Relieve the roll stamp on the rifles.

https://forum.gon.com/threads/remarms-finally-puts-out-model-783’s-made-in-lagrange-ga.1029381/

GregoryB.

I looked at a new 20 gauge 870 back in May. The buttstock was already chipping and looked like it was cracking where it mated up to the receiver. Hopefully they will start turning out some quality firearms in the near future.