Anybody know anything about Lanier county

Bowhunter24

I have an old friend of mines son and a group of people that are about to buy 2800 acres in lanier county, around the lakeland area, the land has about 6 miles of river front on it. The old man i know is gonna move up on the land to look after it, and i have the invite to come hunt whenever i want, he really had to twist my arm to let me tell ya. Just wondering if anybody hunts around there or knows anything about the area, i know its not a known trophy county, but i do plan to unt up there also to visit my old friend hes 70 yrs old, needs somebody to check in on him.

CheapSeats

I never hunted in Lanier but I driven through there plenty of times if they are interested in starting a club or leasing 500 ac let me know.

Bowhunter24

They dont plan on startin a club or leasing the land, they said they didnt want the headaches, im just lucky to know the guy thats gonna live on it and he said i have a free pass to come hunt whenever. I have a lease in Turner county that i trophy hunt on, but will probably meat hunt the lanier place

Snakeman

Bowhunter24,
Depending on where the property is, and how much rain they get, you might be well advised to bring a boat with you when you hunt. I have seen water standing in people's houses for weeks around the area.

They don't call it "Lakeland" for nothing.

The Snakeman