Anyone ever read about Ben Lilly?

JWarren

westcobbdog

good read..liked the part that basically said he was so tempted to hunt..he kissed his wife goodbye and left to roam forever!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Oh yea! The man who could stand flatfooted in a empty rain barrel, and jump out without touchin` the sides. When his wife sent him out to kill the hawk that was gettin` her chickens, he stayed gone for two years. When the question was asked on his return, his reply was, "well, that hawk just kept on flyin`!"

He was a character, with a capital C! VERY religious too.

Ulysses

It's hard to imagine anyone like him surviving in the modern day, which is sad. Of course if there were many more like him, sounds like there wouldn't be a bear or mountain lion left alive anywhere. :eek:

cotton top

Wish he was around now, He could get rid of all these BLACK PANTHERS:bounce::hair:

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, but we would still have those who believe in them (panthers).

I like Ben Lilly because he was a hound man. This will not win him many brownie points on Woody's though.

I kinda like his middle name as well.

cotton top

You wouldn't be a little biased about that name would you Mr. Holt?
I have 2 or 3 pictures of Ben Lilly in my little room that my wife lets me keep my " STUFF" in.

I too feel like I was born about 100 yrs. too LATE!

Good read thanks for sharing with us.

Jake Allen

Great read, thanks for taking the time to post.
Another day, another wonderful awareness from GON.
j

gordylew

I felt I was born a hundred years too late until I realized I could not live without Air conditioning, Pizza, micro waves and women that bath regularly. :bounce:

Latest posts