Are yall seeing Rivians?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Butt ugly vehicle, saw a Ford EV P/U, it was descent looking but can’t imagine needing a truck and depending on an EV.

georgia_home

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I aint seen any but lots o lake people drive Teslas. You know what? Most all new cars look ugly right now. This current design trend aint my cup o tea.
Yep, utilitarian vehicles are not on the menu for any manufacturer right now it seems. We have to go to the ridiculous extreme in the direction of complexity before returning to simple and reliable again.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Never seen one and hope I never do.
The roads are covered up with Tesla's with their stupid drivers holding up the left lane behind them.
I have to drive around them on the right more often than all other cars on the road put together. For as quick and agile they say they are, why are they always holding up traffic behind them in the left lane? They should have their own golf cart lane on the right side.

I don't always pass people on the right but when I do they are idiots.
facepalm:

SarahFair

Butt ugly vehicle, saw a Ford EV P/U, it was descent looking but can’t imagine needing a truck and depending on an EV.
The electric mustang isn't that bad, but looks small

1704295670194.png

jaybirdius

My boss has one of the Rivian trucks. It's ugly as all get out, but is one of the coolest, best laid out vehicles I've ever seen. All electric isn't for me but that hideous thing is an amazing piece of machinery. It will flat out fly too. My tuned Duramax won't even touch it.

Toliver

If electric wasn't so ugly and inconvenient and bad for the environment and flammable and expensive and more utilitarian as an actual truck I might own one. Electric motors really have no limit on speed or power. It's electricity that pulls that 2 mile long train. The diesel engine is just a big generator. I've heard the Tesla will push you back in your seat when it accelerates.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
as the saying goes

if I had a dog that ugly, I’d shave its rear end and make it walk backward

not sure whats worse, rivian or the electric Amazon deliver vans

You should see their SUV if you think the truck is ugly. We're eat up with them up here in the 30341.

GeorgiaBob

I saw one on I-95 near Brunswick back in September. They're just silly looking. Kinda' like a Mongoloid Prius with an eating problem. That's the only one I have ever seen in person.

specialk

Saw one last week at chick fil a Lagrange using their charging station. Dude looked about like you’d expect him to look. There won’t be any tools, beaver traps or roping gear going in the back of that truck in its entire life.

No gun racks or dog boxes either?....useless!

ucfireman

The electric mustang isn't that bad, but looks small

View attachment 1280451
They are bigger in person.

As for the rivians, I have only seen the truck, not too ugly from the side or back, but good God that front is ugly.
But I think the tesla truck is way uglier.

As for current styling, I don't like the angles and straight lines on all the new vehicles. Looked at a 2024 Mustang convertible, not bad except the fishmouth at the rear end.

Geffellz18

First one I ever saw was up in Pigeon Forge a few years ago. Saw it from the back and thought-That’s a pretty sharp looking truck. What is it?
As we were turning, I got ahead of it and looked in the rear view and was like, What the hades did they do to the front of that thing!
See them from time to time in my travels around North GA.
I’m not against the e-vehicles, but the infrastructure just isn’t there yet to support them, and likely it never will be fully. One of my mgrs husband just took a job in OKC and traveled back there from ATL last weekend. Took him over 16 hours, having to stop to charge multiple times. Direct travel time is just over 12hrs normally!
A peer of mine lives in Augusta and he has to stop for 45min-1hr on his way back from a meeting to charge just to get home.

Tight Lines

Plenty of them in the 30342. I don't care for them but the neighbor has one. He has an EV and 2 hybrids, both Porsches. One of the hybrids will flat run it's tail off...he takes the truck on his outings for triathlons...he likes it.