Armadillo Bait?

Doboy Dawg

Does anybody know what I can use to lure Armdillos to traps or how to trap them?:mad::devilish::mad:
I can trap any critter around me except them, they laugh at my traps.

Big7

The Oracle
Not sure about bait but they do eat tubars.

Permitchaser

There’s no bait for Armadillo’s you have to trick them to come in your trap. A v fence works. I’ve also caught them by putting the trap on the side wall of my house and up against some azaleas and they walked in

2dye4

There’s no bait for Armadillo’s you have to trick them to come in your trap. A v fence works. I’ve also caught them by putting the trap on the side wall of my house and up against some azaleas and they walked in
There is bait for armadillos. Find one road killed and extract the contents from their guts. Smear into whatever trap you have and you’ll have a catching machine. Done it and works.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
There is bait for armadillos. Find one road killed and extract the contents from their guts. Smear into whatever trap you have and you’ll have a catching machine. Done it and works.
If I did that I’d be covered up in buzzards.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Raw ground meat works. Just have to figure out how to keep possums out of your traps. Don’t turn any possums loose. Kill them.

GeorgiaBob

'Dillos absolutely love grubs. Fill a dish or tray with lots of grubs and high clay soil and put it on their trail, either in or a part of the trap. They absolutely will bury their nose in the soil while stabbing for the grubs.

I'm not a trapper so how you turn their addiction for digging grubs into a trap is beyond me. Good luck.

Darkhorse

I live out in the piney woods and we have a lot of armadillas that just move right in, find a hole, and make themselves at home. Once we find evidence of digging I will try to shoot them at night with a .22 LR. I also set up some traps devised as BriarPatch described. I will have at least one set up like Permitchaser described, this type catches the most armadillas.
But lately I discovered that I could just set a large hav-a-hart trap against my privacy fence, without the "V" setup, and they would just walk into the trap. The last 3 I caught this way.
Our local paper had a writeup supposedly from UGA describing how to catch armadillos. I noticed nothing I thought would catch one by design in that article. It also mentioned "bait" and said fruit turning rotten would bring them in. I did try that one but got no takers.
So if you want to try and bait one then go for it. Maybe I used the wrong type fruit.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A buddy of mine unintentiaonally caught three of them in some catfish baskets laying in his yard that had cottonseed meal cakes in them.