As if we needed further proof that county music is dead as an authentic art form…

alphachief

I don’t have a problem with the album…create whatever you want. My problem is its classification as a Country-Western album. This ain’t no Ray Charles-Willie Nelson collaboration. But hey, if a man can be a woman, I guess Beyoncé can identify as a country artist!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
You might want to give a listen to a GA boy, Gavin Adcock, who just made his first appearance at the Opry.

alphachief

You might want to give a listen to a GA boy, Gavin Adcock, who just made his first appearance at the Opry.

There are definitely some great country artists out there. I guess my soap box complaining is more about how the music industry has intentionally decided to culturally dumb down the genre.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There are definitely some great country artists out there. I guess my soap box complaining is more about how the music industry has intentionally decided to culturally dumb down the genre.
Country has been dead a while and now they're just dancing on it's grave. Rock's dead too.
They talk about diversity but want all the music to sound the same. I just don't get it.
I can't disagree except to say that there are some folks out there that still dance to their own music. Gavin writes and performs his own stuff in his own way. The big outfits have tried time and again to sign him but he wants it his way. He records at a small studio in Watkinsville and has built quite a following. Getting to the Opry without big backing today is still quite the something to do.

transfixer

I seldom was listening to country radio at all, every now and then on the way to work, and when I was forced to at work cause someone else had it on a local station, but the Beyonce song was the last straw, I already didn't like that "jellyroll" was being played on country radio, so I've reactivated my spotify account, Cody Jinks and Chris Knight and similar is it from now on

alphachief

Authentic country music is alive and well. You’re looking in the wrong places.
You’re missing the point. I’m well aware of the fact that there are some great country artists out there. The post is about the dumbing down of the genre by making it “inclusive” of a bunch of stuff that’s not country music. Kind of like the Rock and Roll hall of fame inducting rap artists.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You’re missing the point. I’m well aware of the fact that there are some great country artists out there. The post is about the dumbing down of the genre by making it “inclusive” of a bunch of stuff that’s not country music. Kind of like the Rock and Roll hall of fame inducting rap artists.
I’m not missing the point at all. Nashville as an institution is a lost cause. So I do t look to them for my country music. I love country music. And I get tons of it being made by current artists who operate outside the Nashville machinery. And me and NCHillbilly are available for those who want to hear live country music for free. Several folks here seem to like listening to us alright.

Last edited:

crackerdave

I’m not missing the point at all. Nashville as an institution is a lost cause. So I do t look to them for my country music. I love country music. And I get tons of it being made by current artists who operate outside the Nashville machinery. And me and NCHilly are available for those who want to hear live country music for free. Several folks here seem to like listening to us alright.
I'd sure like to hear yall play!

Latest posts