ATVs on wmas for disabled hunters

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
wma wants to be in the woods soooo bad but the only place we have to hunt are wmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

80yota............. Not trying to be nosey, but why dont you and he get on a club so he can hunt anytime yall want to ??

80yota

Money. We want to but really cant afford it right now. RYANO! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I called those numbers and spoke with Mr. Charles Adams and he told me to call Mr. Kirk Thomas and I left him a message, Mr. Adams said all I would have to do is get em to send me papetwork and fill it out! Man.... I dont know if you know how much I appreciate that. That was an awesome thing of you to do giving me their number! Thank you soooo much!

80yota

SOrry milkman not tryin to be short but right now mo.ey is tight and im gona be a newly wed in 12days. Were takin my dad huntin for our anniversary thanks to RYANO!

Jody Hawk

Sorry brother but no ATVs period on WMAs.

Well I ran into someone who had permission to ride one on a WMA during turkey season. This guy turkey hunted on crutches because he lost one leg in a motorcycle wreck. I know for a fact that he had permission because he parked his truck with the ramps let down close to the check in station and the game warden was there everyday.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Well I ran into someone who had permission to ride one on a WMA during turkey season. This guy turkey hunted on crutches because he lost one leg in a motorcycle wreck. I know for a fact he had permission because he parked his truck with the ramps let down close to check in station and the game warden was there everyday.

I think the regs now state ATVs are legal on roadways on WMA's, unless posted otherwise at the station.

80yota

MAn! I found exactly what I was needing! Thank yall all for helpin point me in the right direction! Im so dang happy right now! I dont know what to say or do! Wow. Just wow. OWL seems like a great organization and im very grateful to you for helping me find them. Thank you a million times!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
SOrry milkman not tryin to be short but right now mo.ey is tight and im gona be a newly wed in 12days. Were takin my dad huntin for our anniversary thanks to RYANO!

Understood, no offense taken. :cool: Glad to see you are helping you dad get out there. I understand money is tight for everyone now........... read the ads that will flood our leases forum in a few weeks. You may find something closeby that will work for yall.

Best of luck with helping your dad get his hunt back going. you are to be congratulated.:clap::clap::clap:

80yota

WEll my phone is dyin and I aint hit a lick at work in an hour so im gona get off for a while and start plannin this out for us. Ill be back on later to show my fiance. Thank you all very much and God bless!

fulldraw74

MAn! I found exactly what I was needing! Thank yall all for helpin point me in the right direction! Im so dang happy right now! I dont know what to say or do! Wow. Just wow. OWL seems like a great organization and im very grateful to you for helping me find them. Thank you a million times!

It is a great organization with a great group of people who make it possible. :cheers:

ryano

Banned
Money. We want to but really cant afford it right now. RYANO! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I called those numbers and spoke with Mr. Charles Adams and he told me to call Mr. Kirk Thomas and I left him a message, Mr. Adams said all I would have to do is get em to send me papetwork and fill it out! Man.... I dont know if you know how much I appreciate that. That was an awesome thing of you to do giving me their number! Thank you soooo much!

You are very welcome :cheers: Look forward to meeting you and your dad at the hunt