Barnes VOR-TX TTSX-BT Ammo

280 Man

Banned
What I like about the Barnes bullets is they are monolithic and allow for nearly 100% weight retention and that allows for lighter bullets to be used in a given caliber. This also turns calibers that normally aren't considered deer cartridges into capable deer killers!

Ive reloaded and used the TTSX in 284 caliber and they are accurate and have killed everything Ive shot at it but in retrospect so have the 150 gr Nosler bullets and 154 gr Hornady, SST's Ive used for years!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Cor bon made a 223 53 grain dpx load we used for my sons first couple of deer kills. That stuff was wicked Exit wounds and internal damage looked more like a 243
They discontinued it but we stocked up when they did.

GregoryB.

I plan on trying some 100 gr in my 257 Robert's that I just picked up. Previous owner said it liked heavy for Caliber bullets so figured I would try a long 100 gr bullet and see what I can work up.

SakoL61R

Pushing hand loaded 130 TTSXs out of my 308 at 3075 FPS. 9 deer with this load between 30 and 220 yds so far. Used 168s on a few years ago with good results as well. 130s perform better IMO. Run’em fast and light for caliber.
This is the only Barnes I’ve ever recovered. 150 yds, quartering towards me, entry was point of left shoulder. DRT. Recovered this under hide way down opposite flank. 95 grains retained.
Snooker- 150s out of your Weatherby should be wicked good.
124D90BA-CF33-4E80-8228-EFF59FDCE3B1.jpeg