Barrel Cutting and Threading

01Foreman400

Staff member
Just wanted to share my experience with a gunsmith that I used recently. I got into the suppressor world and wanted to have some barrels shortened and threaded. A guy named Jason Nixon in Dacula was highly recommended to me. Come to find out he used to be a machinist at Accurate Ordinance in Winder before they closed the doors. He had obtained all their equipment. He has done 6 rifles for me so far. A Tikka T3x, 3 Remington 700’s, AR-15 and CVA Scout. He also inlayed a stock for me. The work was top notch and was very reasonably priced as well. A good bit cheaper than I was finding prices online at other places. I know gun smithing is a dying breed and my gunsmith I had used for years retired 3 years ago and I’ve been on the hunt for a new one ever since. I just felt like I should share as I know others out there are in the same boat as me. IMG_8594.jpeg
IMG_8373.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
what kind of POI shift did you get?

I have been running mine on 2 lately. The .22-250 moves 3MOA down and 2.5 MOA left and the LTR 6MOA down. I left the Zero stop set for without and zeroed the cap for with.

01Foreman400

Staff member
what kind of POI shift did you get?

I have been running mine on 2 lately. The .22-250 moves 3MOA down and 2.5 MOA left and the LTR 6MOA down. I left the Zero stop set for without and zeroed the cap for with.
With the cans or barrel cutting?

01Foreman400

Staff member
I have only shot 3 rifles before and after putting a suppressor on and I didn’t notice any shift of impact. They all used the same suppressor.

Buckhead

Before they shut down, Accurate Ordinance chopped and threaded 3 barrels for me. All rimfires. Assuming Jason did all or some of them. Excellent results, quick turnaround, reasonably priced.

Always wondered what happened to those guys. Thinking about getting a centerfire suppressor, so appreciate you passing along his contact info.

fauxferret

I would have expected some harmonic disruption with the muzzle ...even a hardly noticeable one...but a bigger one with the weight of the can even if it was Ti.
I noticed something similar on one of my rifles. It was interesting because I traced it back to the muzzle device. The three prong flash hider did much better than the two port brake. The brake would pattern like a shotgun very inconsistent. The three prong would get 1 MOA at 100. Granted this was on a POF revolution but that was a fun problem to run down.