Bellsouth and the newest scam!

fasn8nmom

Well, I just got my Bellsouth phone bill in and this statement was written on the very last page:
"In accordance with state requirements, Bellsouth Long Distance does not charge you for certain calls made to locations within your county. Effective with invoices dated on or after December 15, 2005, calls to locations outside of your county that previously may not have appeared on your bill will be billed in accordance with the state requirements and the calling plan you have selected."
So I called Bellsouth and apparently if you are not signed up for their unlimited long distance you can't call the next county over without it being long distance. :eek:

Good-bye Bellsouth:mad:

Skipper

Banned
Corbin, KY is in 3 counties. That would be a kick in the pants is they do that here. My office bill will be $600 or better.

Skipper

phoneman

fasn8nmom said:
Well, I just got my Bellsouth phone bill in and this statement was written on the very last page:
"In accordance with state requirements, Bellsouth Long Distance does not charge you for certain calls made to locations within your county. Effective with invoices dated on or after December 15, 2005, calls to locations outside of your county that previously may not have appeared on your bill will be billed in accordance with the state requirements and the calling plan you have selected."
So I called Bellsouth and apparently if you are not signed up for their unlimited long distance you can't call the next county over without it being long distance. :eek:

Good-bye Bellsouth:mad:

Fasn8nmom,

Unfortunately, FCC auditing requirements brought this error to light. BellSouth was not charging consumers for out of local calling area calls that were being billed to us by independent long distance companies (obviously by the one you chose as your provider). It was NOT a strategic move or scam by BellSouth. It appears that your long distance provider should be the one to blame for not advising you of the limitations of your selected plan. Your chosen provider gets the revenue, BellSouth does not.

Shinyhead

woo hoo woo hoo

that's why I went with Vonage. It has been great so far. Had it for about 3 months now. Plus I like their commercials.

DYI hunting

Not trying to hijack your thread but...

Anybody will Alltel out there. I just found out they started billing me back in July $1.95 for their "Dime all the time" long distance plan. And guess what, they don't offer ANY long distance plans that don't have a monthly charge. So even thought I don't talk long distance, I have to pay their stupid $1.95 per month fee for their plan.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
On my regular home phone I just did away with long distance all together. I pay nothing for long distance on it.

On my business line I use Bellsouth's unlimited long distance plan. No compaints with it other than I wish they would start accepting American Express for payment. I've complained and complained about it and it appears to fall on deaf ears. Since the company I work for pays for all my business related expenses I try to use my company credit card which is American Express like most companies, so I don't have to pay out of pocket. This has been a thorn in my side for quite some time. They should take a look at how Cingular operates their on-line payment services. They take American Express and their on-line billing process is effortless!

Jewels64

I'm with Papagil and Shinyhead!

Yall should all work out a plan and switch to VONAGE. If you plan it right there will be several months for free phone service for some of ya with there refer a friend program!

It has all the features of a regular phone plus some.
I can set it up for the house to ring my cell after a few seconds, really cool.
Also, I can listen to my messages on my pc from anywhere.
The neatest thing that they don't even think of it that Sara can call the house and record a message. My phone messages go to my email, so I can forward them to Robert in Iraq or to her Grandparents.
It is 27 and some change per month, thats all your local and long distance in the US and Canada and really easy to set up. I have only had one outtage in 8 months.

and No, I don't work for Vonage, just LOVE the service!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Jewels64 said:
I'm with Papagil and Shinyhead!

Yall should all work out a plan and switch to VONAGE. If you plan it right there will be several months for free phone service for some of ya with there refer a friend program!

It has all the features of a regular phone plus some.
I can set it up for the house to ring my cell after a few seconds, really cool.
Also, I can listen to my messages on my pc from anywhere.
The neatest thing that they don't even think of it that Sara can call the house and record a message. My phone messages go to my email, so I can forward them to Robert in Iraq or to her Grandparents.
It is 27 and some change per month, thats all your local and long distance in the US and Canada and really easy to set up. I have only had one outtage in 8 months.

and No, I don't work for Vonage, just LOVE the service!

Ditto!!!

specialk

get a calling card from sam's or costco.......2.9 cents a minute no hidden fee's and you can "load" minutes with a credit card when you get low........work's on any phone......