Best bow ....

James12

Need a new bow... Smaller dude, shorter draw... have an older PSE, and like the new Mach 1, but it’s expensive. Any other less expensive suggestions? They’ve changed a lot since my last!

Gaswamp

a lot of good bows out there go to a quality archery shop and pick out 3 or 4 and start shooting

James12

Yea, that’s the plan. Was just looking for people’s opinions is all.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I am not a current pse owner yet but will be soon. I'm looking at the xpedite nxt. That's gonna be my next. The Evo series bows are really nice. Those pse's are 5 to 600 less than the Mach 1 carbons) still a chunk though. . Also like bowtech's lineup. That's what I'm shooting now.

Gaswamp

Imho a PSE or Hoyt flagship bow both are the cats meow. However, they are expensive. Might think about buyin a used bow thats 2 or 3 years old

Full Draw McGraw

Shoot an Elite. I bought a Valor last year as my first new bow in more than 10 years.
It's a great bow and costs a lot less than comparable bows from bigger name companies.

South Man

I would look at a used Mathews Triax or Obsession or a new Elite may be same price range

Ihunt

If your a short draw you may want to look at that new PSE. Another option is the new Xpedition that’s coming out in January. Heard it’s a 357 IBO with a 6.5” bh, lighter than carbon, and stronger also. Time will tell.

BamaGeorgialine

I have a Matthew's and two Hoyts and I want an elite, pse, and another Matthew's. Not practical I know but dang, I like em all

swampwise42

If your a short draw you may want to look at that new PSE. Another option is the new Xpedition that’s coming out in January. Heard it’s a 357 IBO with a 6.5” bh, lighter than carbon, and stronger also. Time will tell.
Agree Xpedition 2020 cams are really good. Feels lighter than what you're pulling and no build up or hump it just stops at your do. The Xscape is faster than the Mx16 and Mx15 is faster than the Xscape. Some may disagree but if you get a chance shoot a Bear. Generally cheaper and as fast as most and quiet. Biggest issue with Bear imo sometimes their factory tune is off, but when timed and setup right a real sleeper too.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Who sells xpedition in Ga? I hunt in the same town as the factory when I get drawn.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Thats my go to shop. Shannon is a heck of a man and they make some awesome strings!

Yea he’s tip notch. I bought an Obsession a couple years back from another dealer that went outta business. Dang bow has been nothin but problems (eats strings and is a bear to tune). I’m no bowtech and he’s helped me out a time or three. My next bow will absolutely be from him

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I use pop's outdoors outta Habersham. They make a heck of a string as well. 1st one I've ever had to not stretch a Lil bit and turn the peep. They let em set with some crazy amount of weight for 72 hrs

Joe Brandon

Yea he’s tip notch. I bought an Obsession a couple years back from another dealer that went outta business. Dang bow has been nothin but problems (eats strings and is a bear to tune). I’m no bowtech and he’s helped me out a time or three. My next bow will absolutely be from him
Mine too. I had my bow restrung in July and did something dumb that ripped my strings and he replaced them for free. Again it was my fault and he still did it for no charge. That impressed me. Also those strings he makes are incredible. They have made me much more accurate and consistent.