Best Trolling Motor

whchunter

I have a'17 foot aluminum boat with 70 4 stroke. I have a lowrance unit at bow and will if it goes bad I will likely replace with a garmin. I want a pull cord sizzor type motor deploy and stow motor. I want a motor that has a transducer built into the foot and no exposed wiring on outside of shaft. I want gps anchor and maintain course features. I'm looking at minnkota ultrex, motor guide tour pro and lowrance ghost. Please offer your opinions.

nimrod

I have an ultrex 112# with iPilot linked to my helix's. I have zero complaints. I'll probably be on the lake tomorrow after work. If you want to test drive it let me know. Then you can make your own opinion.

whchunter

I have an ultrex 112# with iPilot linked to my helix's. I have zero complaints. I'll probably be on the lake tomorrow after work. If you want to test drive it let me know. Then you can make your own opinion.
I can't make it but appreciate the offer. Will it mate to lowrance and garmin?

GTMODawg

BANNED
I just lost a power drive and replaced it with a Terrova. Both were riptides so no transducers. The Terrova is the easiest to deploy tm I ever had but it is more work than the PD on auto pilot or spot lock. I think I need to calibrate it again because it swings a lot at the bow on spprlock and autopilot where the PD was way more solid. Both were 80 pound 60 inch motors…. Way more than my 2060 riveted Jon needs which is part of the problem with it swinging. I could win the Americas Cup in it with 5 mph winds and an 8 foot fly rod lol

GTMODawg

BANNED
If I’d known I was buying 3 new Garmin units I’d have gone with the Garmin TM so it’d interface. In my experience all TMs work like they should and all are a pain at times

ryanh487

Motorguide will link with Lowrance and simrad. Minnkota links with humminbird. Not sure if either link with Garmin. For all the features you want, you might as well get the most possible use by picking a motor compatible with your fish finder/GPS unit.

JROESEL

I’ve got the the Garmin force, linked to 93 plus unit, the only thing I don’t like about the trolling motor, is how heavy the remote is, it’s nice with digital screen, but it’s like wearing a brick around your neck, it is nice not having any wires exposed, the foot pedal is also wireless, so you can move it where ever you would like to put it, it does have a option for a cord too if you want, there’s two things I would be looking for in a trolling motor, spot lock, and a brushless motor, which Garmin has both

LTZ25

Well it just seems to be a little more heavy duty frame and Ultrex has a problem with almost all of the depth control knobs failing , But I say that both of these are very powerful and easy to use .