Boom Sprayer Nozzle Tips?

TurkeyKiller12

I have a 25 gallon sprayer for my UTV with a boom attachment. The boom has 3 tips where the spray is released. The tips on both sides of the boom are very efficient and I get good coverage. The middle tip doesn't seem to cover as well. I can spray a road bed and have a lot of unsprayed ground up the middle of road. Is there any advice on how I can correct this? I would like to be able to have one decent swath so I can effectively spray plots and such without any gaps.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
You can use two and spray a large area or use just one and spray the side of the roads.

doomtrpr_z71

I have a 25 gallon sprayer for my UTV with a boom attachment. The boom has 3 tips where the spray is released. The tips on both sides of the boom are very efficient and I get good coverage. The middle tip doesn't seem to cover as well. I can spray a road bed and have a lot of unsprayed ground up the middle of road. Is there any advice on how I can correct this? I would like to be able to have one decent swath so I can effectively spray plots and such without any gaps.
What number are the three tips?

Hughy

I’m using those same yellow (XT024) tips on a 150 gallon 3pt sprayer. Mine has two tips. They cover an eighteen foot swath. Just don’t expect them to match the chart that comes with them for gallons per acre. My experience, they are putting out way more than shown there. I actually sprayed 12 acres two days ago and calibrated it this time. One was an eight acre field and the other a four acre field. Here’s my findings. (A lot of variables play in to this)

~If my land app is giving me correct acreage, and if my mph app is reading correctly

@ 6mph (high 2nd gear for my ride)
@ 2700 rpm
@40 psi
I’m using 24 gallons per acre. Which is more than double what the chart says I should be using, if I remember correctly. I’ve wasted a lot of product and $$ over the last couple years trying to get it right.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I’m using those same yellow (XT024) tips on a 150 gallon 3pt sprayer. Mine has two tips. They cover an eighteen foot swath. Just don’t expect them to match the chart that comes with them for gallons per acre. My experience, they are putting out way more than shown there. I actually sprayed 12 acres two days ago and calibrated it this time. One was an eight acre field and the other a four acre field. Here’s my findings. (A lot of variables play in to this)

~If my land app is giving me correct acreage, and if my mph app is reading correctly

@ 2700 rpm
@40 psi
I’m using 24 gallons per acre. Which is more than double what the chart says I should be using, if I remember correctly. I’ve wasted a lot of product and $$ over the last couple years trying to get it right.
I may drop down to the 1/8 tip

doomtrpr_z71

@ 2700 rpm
@40 psi
According to the chart you would be putting out 22 gpa with 2 nozzles set at 48in of height. Did you figure the chart based on having 2 nozzles?

Hughy

I officially take back what I said. Follow the chart exactly for those nozzles. They work great.
Don’t be an idiot like me and not multiply gpa times the # of nozzles used.
Thanks @doomtrpr_z71 ur right. ??‍♂️??‍♂️
Good thing I’m a chicken farmer and not a row cropper.

TurkeyKiller12

I have checked for clogs and so far no issues. I do have issues with a film getting on the suction hose screen and clogging that up. When that happens it doesn't spray at all. Not sure what number the tips are.

mattb78

Can the tips be rotated at all? I rotate mine slightly in to prevent the problem you describe but some sprayers may not be able to do that.