Bow hanger in the tree

splatek

UAEC
Hey y’all,
I was wondering what y’all use/recommend for hanging your bow while in the tree? I know some guys use a branch but that’s not always an option. I’ve been using a strap with j hooks but the bow gets caught because of the pressure between the string and the limb. When I go to pick it up the j hook sticks unless I pull the string back a little.
Any thoughts on a better system. And don’t say hunt from the ground bc I do that about 70% of the time, but sometimes the tree is the better option.
Thanks in advance
Sp

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I prefer a bow holder connected to my stand. Allen makes good products.
Or just try a different fatter hook or bow arm. Ebay!

Stump06

I tied a loop of paracord around my quiver to hang my bow from. It wasn't stiff enough to come off the hook when I lifted it up so I wrapped it in some wire. Works great now. I'll take some pics here in a bit

splatek

UAEC
I prefer a bow holder connected to my stand. Allen makes good products.
Or just try a different fatter hook or bow arm. Ebay!

When I used a stand, I had something attached to the front for my compound, but I use a saddle now. I wonder if I could attach something to my DIY platform. Thanks for the idea. Hope you are having a great season!

I tied a loop of paracord around my quiver to hang my bow from. It wasn't stiff enough to come off the hook when I lifted it up so I wrapped it in some wire. Works great now. I'll take some pics here in a bit

I wonder if a stiff gear loop on the quiver would work and be stiffer, as well. Thanks!

JB in GA

I use a screw-in hook similar to a tree-step. Bought it years ago, has like a green rubber tool-dip on it.

Stump06

IMG_1875.jpeg
Apperently you have to hold an iphone still for 10 seconds for it to take a good pic nowadays smh.
I use a saddle too and run a daisy chain around the tree and hang my bow from a qliptor

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpeg
    IMG_1875.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 3

Stump06

IMG_1634.jpg
Heres a pic of how I do mine except now I use a strap instead of paracord

Al33

I’m not a saddle hunter but this is what I came up with for this recurve with static tips that wanted to really pinch the hangers. Works great.

Attachments

• D65D738E-3154-4490-ABC3-55587CBE03B7.png
    D65D738E-3154-4490-ABC3-55587CBE03B7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 37C0F6DE-D3FB-4D5A-B2B5-0F661D85E5C4.jpeg
    37C0F6DE-D3FB-4D5A-B2B5-0F661D85E5C4.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 10