Box stand build

Soybean

What started as a weekend project turned into a 1.5 yr journey. I had an idea of what I wanted and just kind of figured things out along the way. I built everything at home first so I could take my time. Mocked things up, painted everything. Life got in the way several times but I finally finished it the past weekend with the help of a couple friends, one had the tractor and the other is fearless of heights, unlike myself.

We put the base up last summer where it sat tarped until a week ago. I did replace the tarp twice because I just wasn't ready with the box yet. The base settled and I was able to get it leveled and secured during this time as well.

I was not economical, I used way to many screws, supports, brackets, etc I am not a carpenter but youtube was helpful. I got ideas from shed building videos etc. It took 3 full days, daylight to nightfall to get it up and assembled.

I still need to build an entry platform/stairs to get in it but a ladder will suffice for now.

I always wanted to go all out on one and this is my result. Its an 8'x6' with an 8' front wall and 7' for the other 3. Built for bow or gun. I will never build one to this degree again. Plenty of room for the kids. I hope it lasts for years to come.

warning - pic overload

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 38
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 46

Soybean

more

Attachments

• 12m.jpg
    12m.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 11m.jpg
    11m.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 13m.jpg
    13m.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 33
  • 14m.jpg
    14m.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2f.jpg
    2f.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 6f.jpg
    6f.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 5f.jpg
    5f.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 4f.jpg
    4f.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 3f.jpg
    3f.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

Deerhead

WOW that sure is well built! Plus the paint job is really nice. That should last you for a long long time.
Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Excellently built and overbuilt ! Lol… you did excellent on your work. You deff over built it but that’s what makes it fun right ?. You might me a tad OCD lol.. I am the same way I’m sure you seen some my box stand builds on here..

ucfireman

Pretty stand. Love the Camo paint. Although it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb against the sky ;).
Really is a nice stand, would love to build one like that. It would probably take me a year and half too. And wouldn't be near as nice.

rosewood

That ain't no box stand, that is a condo! Nice job!

Some solar panels on the roof, batteries and you can add a tv, mini fridge and lights!

rosewood

Some insulation would make it really comfortable, I would really recommend it on the roof and on the south side walls. Will make it much cooler during bow season and warmer during winter.

Some carpenter bee traps might be a good idea, they may have a field day with all that fresh lumber.

Rosewood

Last edited:

rosewood

That stand is built better than homes in Miami-Dade county where the building codes were changed to have buildings withstand 150+ mph winds.
I noticed the hurricane clips also. :)