Can you get into a decent used golf cart for $3,500 or less?

drumbum77

Banned
I've never owned one, but I'm thinking about purchasing a used golf cart. Not sure if $3,500 will get a decent used cart, but I'm not sure what to look for? So I get gas or electric?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Before I popped for my Polaris Ranger, I ran a EZ GO ST 350 (350cc Robin). It was lifted, riding on 28" Mud Lites and had a dump bed. That thing would go places you wouldn't believe. Stone reliable, and always ready to go.

As well as my Ranger, we still have the wife's 295cc EzGo that gets used around the yard all the time. Had it for 10 years. Prolly always have a cart around...

transfixer

Gas or electric depends on what you want to use it for ? For just running around a piece of property or farm, doing chores or whatnot , then a gas is preferable, but if you're going to use it for hunting , I prefer an electric cart, no noise, no smell, and if they are set up correctly you don't have to work on them all the time, you're better off with a 48volt cart, battery cables need to be 2ga, not the 6ga that come stock, upgrade the solenoid to a 400 amp hvy duty one, upgrade the controller to at least 400amp, and at least a 2 to 4 inch lift on the cart, no need to get crazy ,

I picked up a 99 48volt club car 3yrs ago, already lifted for $1500, needed batteries, upgraded batteries , upgraded cables , solenoid, and controller, all total I have around $2700 in it, and haven't worked on it at all since the original upgrade work, I have rode up to within 50yds of deer and turkey that didn't know I was there until I was that close. Best money I have spent in a long time, I never use my atv anymore,

benellisbe

I bought a 48v ezgo electric from completely refinished, "lifted", new batteries, new tires etc for a $4200 a couple years ago (it was 2 years old at the time) from a local company that refurbishes them and resells them. They are an enormous facility with literally thousands of golf carts available.

SLY22

Useles Member !
I bought a 48v ezgo electric from completely refinished, "lifted", new batteries, new tires etc for a $4200 a couple years ago (it was 2 years old at the time) from a local company that refurbishes them and resells them. They are an enormous facility with literally thousands of golf carts available.

Who / where did you buy the cart from?

benellisbe

Mr. Golf Carts Waynesboro, GA

Dialer

Here’s my “new to me” one. Lift kit, custom wheels and tires, Kawasaki engine, TSC winch on the front. I knew NOTHING about the cart, but She’s a blast to drive! Paid $4500. B18CC5BB-CBBC-46A8-BF1E-358468501106.jpeg

paulito

I bought a stock 2006 36V off a guy this year for right at $2,000. Thing was in spotless condition as he was retired and a golfer. It needed batteries which I had from another failed project cart. Planning to upgrade it a bit (lift and tires) but honestly it has already exceeded expectations as it made it all the way to the backside of our property to haul out my son's first buck. Made it across our creek crossing and over all the water bars no problem. Just had to be smart about it as it still has the road slick tires on it too.

$3,500 should be fine to get into a decent cart. Just check the batteries. If it needs new ones you are looking at another $700-$1,000 depending on what you get figuring on replacing cables as well.