Conned Again

pjciii

I cant believe You haven't built the girls(hens) a walk way on the top boxes rather than have to jump up and down. You could get a little piano to put out there and just have a regular brothel going on friday and Saturday night.

All joking aside you really did a nice job from the photos.

ryanh487

First 2 dozen eggs should pay that off. Just thinking about all those 80 lb bags of concrete makes my back hurt though

snooker1

First 2 dozen eggs should pay that off. Just thinking about all those 80 lb bags of concrete makes my back hurt though
Yep, rented a mixer had 2 buddies coming over to help, but they didn't show so I did it myself. Started about 7 in the morning and cleaned my tools about 10 at night. Definitely a long day.

K80Shooter

Yep, rented a mixer had 2 buddies coming over to help, but they didn't show so I did it myself. Started about 7 in the morning and cleaned my tools about 10 at night. Definitely a long day.
Just out of curiosity, how much more would it have been to just order the concrete, pour, level, finish and done.

snooker1

Just out of curiosity, how much more would it have been to just order the concrete, pour, level, finish and done.

I don't know I didn't check. I can only get a concrete truck or a trailer about 100 feet from where the slab was poured (trees and fences). So I didn't give it much thought. When they delivered the pallets of concrete they got it about 60 feet from where I needed it and then moved it the rest of the way with my 4 wheeler. It was definitely a hard days work, and I was a little sore and stiff the next day. I did pretty good for an old guy.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
You could build some rabbit hutches off the sides and have another meat source at your disposal

JonathanG2013

We have had chickens for years now, I think we currently have 21 egg layers. The end of last year my wife says she would like to get a couple more to add to our flock. I said no because our coop and nesting boxes were about maxed out with what we currently have. She gave me the please look, next thing I know I am standing out in the chicken yard coming up with dimensions for a new coop. She had a couple of requests;
1. A walk in house
2. Large enough to double what we currently have
3. Windows for ventilation
4, Running water and electricity

One week later and I was placing an order for 85 (80 pound) bags of concrete, and it started from there. Well, it is done now. 24 feet long 12 feet wide. It currently has 12 nesting boxes in it and I have 8 more that can go in it. We have 25 new chicks arriving this week.

Great job. Is your main job construction? If not, you have another trade to rely on. The new coop is like a mansion to the chickens now.

snooker1

Well the "Fluffy Butt Hut" is complete. The water is hooked up and going and all the electrical is completed. I was hoping to have had it done last weekend, but I got a phone call that a careless truck dumped 5 pallets of St Augustine sod on the ground and it was free to who ever wanted it so I spent all day hauling sod and laying it in the chicken yard. (we'll see how long it takes for them to destroy it). My wife found the sign. Time for a new project.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg