Covid vaccine signup

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My wife got her second shot today. I go for my first tomorrow.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
All done. I got the Phizer vaccine and scheduled my follow up shot as well !!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Any other members signing up for the vaccine?
Are more folks providing the shots now?

DannyW

Got my booster shot (2nd dose) Tuesday. Was lucky that my daughter works for a private hospital, and they offered the vaccination to everyone living in the same household.

Hopefully this one is a one-time vaccination. Both me and my wife experienced side effects after the second shot....nausea, chills, general lethargy after the booster shot.

First shot, no problems.

We had the Moderna vaccination.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Got my booster shot (2nd dose) Tuesday. Was lucky that my daughter works for a private hospital, and they offered the vaccination to everyone living in the same household.

Hopefully this one is a one-time vaccination. Both me and my wife experienced side effects after the second shot....nausea, chills, general lethargy after the booster shot.

First shot, no problems.

We had the Moderna vaccination.

Curious, how long did the side effects last with the second shot? I get my second next Wednesday.

paulito

Yeah my second is with moderna as well. My minor side effects (headache and lethargy) from the first didn't hit until day two. Hoping for the same this time as i am on duty that same day. fingers crossed

DannyW

Curious, how long did the side effects last with the second shot? I get my second next Wednesday.

A few hours after the shot I became nauseas. This only lasted an hour or so but it was bad enough that I stayed near a bathroom. That was followed with a period of shakiness...don't know how else to describe it. The next day I was uncommonly tired and sleepy, and in general just didn't feel "right". The 2nd full day after the shot I was back to normal.

My wife experienced chills and flu-like symptoms the day after she got the shot. And as she described it, she just felt washed out. She laid on the couch all day. (I realize these are not medical descriptions, but I think you get the point.) The 2nd full day after the shot she was also pretty much back to normal.

I am not complaining. As I told my wife, I feel bad but not nearly as bad as I would feel with a ventilator shoved down my throat. I had a 69 YO aunt die from Covid, so it's got my respect.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My wife said a Dr she works with says side effects are proof the vaccine is working. That your body is developing immunity.

From the limited information I have it appears the side effects are more pronounced from Moderna. I had Phizer first shot with zero arm pain and only diarrhea side effects the next day.

Any thoughts?

DannyW

My wife said a Dr she works with says side effects are proof the vaccine is working. That your body is developing immunity.

From the limited information I have it appears the side effects are more pronounced from Moderna. I had Phizer first shot with zero arm pain and only diarrhea side effects the next day.

Any thoughts?

FWIW...I had the Moderna.

One other odd thing. The day after the shot I was equally sore in both shoulders. Just seemed strange the right one was as sore as my left (I took the shot in my left shoulder).

GT90

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday at 10:30am. Played 18 holes starting at 1pm and felt fine. By 6pm I was starting to feel poorly like having a cold. At around 11pm I was shaking so badly I could not read the Tylenol bottle to see how many to take. Fever and shakes and slight nausea. Feel better this morning but still weak and runnig a fever. As someone else said above, I believe the side effects of the shot show how your body is fighting to develop an immunity.

GT90

FWIW...I had the Moderna.

One other odd thing. The day after the shot I was equally sore in both shoulders. Just seemed strange the right one was as sore as my left (I took the shot in my left shoulder).

I had the same reaction. Wondered why my first shoulder was sore.

paulito

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday at 10:30am. Played 18 holes starting at 1pm and felt fine. By 6pm I was starting to feel poorly like having a cold. At around 11pm I was shaking so badly I could not read the Tylenol bottle to see how many to take. Fever and shakes and slight nausea. Feel better this morning but still weak and runnig a fever. As someone else said above, I believe the side effects of the shot show how your body is fighting to develop an immunity.

Well that's not very encouraging. :confused:I guess i'll be surrounded by firemen so i'll be in good hands if things go south. We catch a worker though i may be in trouble from a performance standpoint. :eek: :deadhorse:

GT90

Well that's not very encouraging. :confused:I guess i'll be surrounded by firemen so i'll be in good hands if things go south. We catch a worker though i may be in trouble from a performance standpoint. :eek::deadhorse:

Volunteer FF here. I turned off my radio last night. No way I would have been able to go on a call.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I just got an appt for Tue at a local drive through in McDuffie Co.

I had tried to sign up with the online form at the East Central Health District website over a week ago and when I clicked on the submit button nothing happened. After a while I closed it out and figured I would give them a day or two to call me but nothing happened. Telephoned the McDuffie County Health Dept which is a part of the East Central District on Monday and got a recording. Left a message but had not had a call back by this morning. I called again got a recording and called right back to try to catch the name of the person on the recording. This time she answered.

In addition to getting a local appointment four days from now I learned that if you fill out the online form at the Regional office it only alerts the Regional office to contact your local County office so that they can call you back to set up an appointment. I learned that the lady's backlog on these calls was in the thousands. She said that I was lucky that my second phone call came in between the calls she was making. She found me on her list and moved me up in line. I had to fill out the online form again but accessed through the local county website. She said that this would notify the Region office that I had been taken care of.

So if you are having difficulty it might move things along more quickly if you can go to the local Health Dept. and talk with them in person.

paulito

Quick update. 28 hours post second dose. Definitely have a low grade fever now and feeling pretty run down. Plus the arm pain from injection. I can function but definitely more pronounced of an effect on the second dose than i had on the first.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Quick update. 28 hours post second dose. Definitely have a low grade fever now and feeling pretty run down. Plus the arm pain from injection. I can function but definitely more pronounced of an effect on the second dose than i had on the first.

Which vaccine?

paulito

I had the moderna. Update to my update. that same night (36 hours plus) i was in bed curled in a ball shivering with a fever and flu like symptoms. Took the day off work yesterday. Back in this morning feeling fine. They say that is your body having an immune response. Well if so i had a big one and should have antibodies to spare.