Covid between vaccinations

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My nephew's wife who is a nurse got COVID right before her second shot. She was sick for about 5 days with cold like symptoms. This was back before general public could even get the shots. I have guided dozens of doctors fishing the last couple years and they have all been vaccinated. They all say it is the smart thing to do. My biggest concern about the number of non vaccinated COVID patients filling our hospitals are putting the non COVID medical emergencies in jeopardy since there isn't room for them in the hospital. How would you feel if a loved one had a heart attack and died because treatment was delayed by patients filling the ER and ICU that very well wouldn't be there if they had been vaccinated. When people are choosing not to get the vaccine they should take this into consideration. It could be their own loved one they put at risk if they end up with a bad run in with COVID.

It doesn’t work that way. The sickest go to the front of the line. The staff is constantly moving admitted patients off critical care floors as they improve. There is holding rooms off the ER that have much of the ICU equipment where admitted patients wait for a bed. If the hospital is full the patient is diverted to a place with capacity, that can include a life flight.

specialk

No

huntfish

My fiancé got Covid between shots. Know of plenty folks who got Covid after the shots including booster. My son is currently out with Covid after shots.

hopper

Crazy how it hits different communities different. As time goes on encountering more people testing positive after the shot. Some mild some just as bad I got it about a year ago. Seams to be no discrepancy on who and how it effects people.

twtabb

I am on my second possibly third time with covid. Different every time. No vaccine but was tested for antibodies in August and I had them. One more day of quarantine then back to the house snd work.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I work as a first responder. I got all 3 shots.

In 2020 I killed a nice 7 point on Tuesday of muzzleloader week. Had Covid at the time. Was tested the following Sunday and missed a good part of the pre-rut.

Was joking at the hunting club after Christmas that I hoped to finish deer season before I caught Onmi. Was exposed on New Year’s Day. And folks from the family celebration started testing. I tested negative twice but had it (rapid test). So did my wife and several other members of our family. Worst case was like the flu. I slowed down for a couple of days and finished deer season with Covid. Self isolation.

I never expected the vaccine to be a two shot (with boosters) deal.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Crazy how it hits different communities different. As time goes on encountering more people testing positive after the shot. Some mild some just as bad I got it about a year ago. Seams to be no discrepancy on who and how it effects people.

Cousin is a hospital Doc and said just that. Every patient reacts differently.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Have a entire family with Covid. All are vaxed most with the booster. SisiLaw, husband, three nieces plus their husbands. All live in Carrollton.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Co-worker tested positive Monday. Had 2 shots and the booster. He said he was SICK.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I was reading...(insert caveat)...but it was from one of the Countries medical practitioners/organizations, that stated the chances of contracting the omni version actually increased with those vax'd. ???

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I was reading...(insert caveat)...but it was from one of the Countries medical practitioners/organizations, that stated the chances of contracting the omni version actually increased with those vax'd. ???

I have read that somewhere also but wondered about the validity.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
It's ramped up in my area.
I tested positive today.
So far the only symptom is nasal drainage.
2nd round of covid for me.

hawkeye123

My wife got it between the 1st & second shots back in August, gave it to me, I was fully vaxed, she was sicker than me but not too bad, I was back to work in 3 days in isolation, between Christmas and New Years we got the flu, when this new China flu started going crazy, nurse at clinic told us that is was 50 -50 on Covid and the flu, you just don't hear about all the flu cases, covid was a touch worse to me than the flu , wife said flu was worse, if you get food at the grocery store you sure are putting stuff in your body that you don't know what the heck it is, no big deal getting vaxed to me , got me back to work in 3 days!

Duff

Kind of weird. Back early fall, I knew 4 people that had to put off their second shot because they contracted the Chi-na flu. Those all happened in about a week. Haven’t heard of any since