Coyote Hunting for first time.

JR924

Going up to southern Indiana in mid May to do some fishing, target shooting and coyote hunting. First time hunting for coyotes and going to do it at night. Plan on hanging a red flashlight from an overhead branch and build a meat pile of sorts below like using chicken livers, chicken necks, chicken thighs and cheap hot dogs. If I can get some junk meat from the butcher, I will use that too. Set up before dusk and hunt say to midnight. My brother said the coyotes are raising young now so will not wander much from the den so hunting will not be as good as other times of the year. Using my 243 Sauer 100XT and shooting from a hunting permanent blind. Longest available shot is probably 200 yards. Wanted to use a live chicken in a cage but was told that is illegal. Any hunting tips would be greatly appreciated. I am not good at calling and do not have any such hardware nor will I buy it for this first time hunt. Maybe later. Thanks

JR924

Buy a hand call it will be cheaper than hotdogs last longer and teach you more about killing yotes than any other thing you can do. Pay attention to the wind, don't worry about which gun your gonna shoot, shoot what you can hit with
What hand call would you recommend that is easy to use for a beginner. I suck at diaphragm calls. for turkey so expect the same for coyotes. What about this one?

chase870

Possum Sox
Any of them will work and get you started watch the wind sooner or later you will call one in