Did Jesus claim to be the messiah?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I am satisfied showing nothing because I claim nothing. You on the other hand admit to claiming something but have nothing to show.
True, until you claim anything as “evidence”. I will buy your “most likely” as the way you believe things are, but when it turns to facts and evidence, that’s concrete, I want to see it. I’ve always said it’s my belief. You asked what I believed, I didn’t come throwing it to you. Your disbelief doesn’t affect it in any way.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't know how to write in Koine Greek so I go with my layman's interpretation of what is written in the book.
I guess by your own rules even you can't say I am wrong...
Anything is possible Spot.
Greek???? Funny, a lot of folks admit that but they trust someone that says “hey this Greek words means this in English”

It’s not my job to say you’re wrong. I think that’s where you’re falling off the wagon. I gotta go with what I believe for myself.

Even if I thought the Bible was fictional, I can read it and understand the story line of what it’s saying about all that. It’s clear as a bell.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
True, until you claim anything as “evidence”. I will buy your “most likely” as the way you believe things are, but when it turns to facts and evidence, that’s concrete, I want to see it. I’ve always said it’s my belief. You asked what I believed, I didn’t come throwing it to you. Your disbelief doesn’t affect it in any way.
We each have absolutely zero evidence to show that anything like the god of the bible exists. I was a believer turned skeptic because of my search for evidence and finding zero.
1 Point for zero proof.
You are a believer and claim this god exists yet you cannot produce a shred of evidence to back any of it up.
That is not a draw, it is:
2 points for zero proof.

Therefore unless one of us, or the other 7 billion people on the planet now can do what the previous billions of people have not been able to do, which is produce evidence of ANY sort of god....
It most definitely is a More Likely Than Not Scenario. And that is being kind.

You get wrapped up in thinking that because someone can imagine or think of something in their head and convince themselves that it is true then because nobody else can counter their imagination then it shows evidence that what the person imagined has a whiff of truth.
It is completely false to think like that.
When there is no evidence to counter, other than thoughts and feelings it actually means there is NO EVIDENCE.
If you had something tangible that could not be refuted then you have something.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Greek???? Funny, a lot of folks admit that but they trust someone that says “hey this Greek words means this in English”

It’s not my job to say you’re wrong. I think that’s where you’re falling off the wagon. I gotta go with what I believe for myself.

Even if I thought the Bible was fictional, I can read it and understand the story line of what it’s saying about all that. It’s clear as a bell.
I can read Marvel Universe Comics, follow along, understand the story line and think it is clear as a bell To Me.
Since the bible, that comic book and testimony at these Impeachment hearings are all able to be seemingly followed, seemingly understood and seemingly clear as a bell, Yet there are millions of different and varying differences in what is CLEAR as a bell with each...your point does not really help your case.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I can read Marvel Universe Comics, follow along, understand the story line and think it is clear as a bell To Me.
Since the bible, that comic book and testimony at these Impeachment hearings are all able to be seemingly followed, seemingly understood and seemingly clear as a bell, Yet there are millions of different and varying differences in what is CLEAR as a bell with each...your point does not really help your case.
Just let it rest. I only answered your question, which I knew would turn into a 3 ring circus because you feel the need to be so accurate and learned and to try to prove everyone wrong. I’m not really interested in what you think, or comparing to others for justification of what I believe. I’m just that secure with it. I just answered your question. Have a good day Sir.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Just let it rest. I only answered your question, which I knew would turn into a 3 ring circus because you feel the need to be so accurate and learned and to try to prove everyone wrong. I’m not really interested in what you think, I just answered your question. Have a good day Sir.
If I had to overlook accuracy, evidence and facts, I'd still believe.
Take care.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If I had to overlook accuracy, evidence and facts, I'd still believe.
Take care.
I will reply once more - so now you got evidence????? Why you still looking to see if you overlooked or missed anything???

Truth is, you don’t have any more evidence to stand on than I do.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I will reply once more - so now you got evidence????? Why you still looking to see if you overlooked or missed anything???
Yes, yes I have evidence against. The evidence against is the Zero Evidence available and given for. When there is absolutely no evidence available to show a god THAT is the evidence against!

And yes, I am still looking to check, recheck and check again. I'd love to find a god. I'd love for a god to find me instead of various believers in such gods speaking for and making excuses for a god that is a no show.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yes, yes I have evidence against. The evidence against is the Zero Evidence available and given for. When there is absolutely no evidence available to show a god THAT is the evidence against!

And yes, I am still looking to check, recheck and check again. I'd love to find a god. I'd love for a god to find me instead of various believers in such gods speaking for and making excuses for a god that is a no show.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Ok the fallacy of the ole argument from ignorance stance shines bright - Gotcha ?

So, you now know what I believe. And, that’s where I will leave it now. You don’t have evidence as you think, you’re entitled to what you believe, but there’s nothing factual about it at all.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Ok the fallacy of the ole argument from ignorance stance shines bright - Gotcha ?

So, you now know what I believe. And, that’s where I will leave it now. You don’t have evidence as you think, you’re entitled to what you believe, but there’s nothing factual about it at all.
Lets say you claim I robbed a bank in your hometown yesterday.
You go to the police and they investigate. The bank says it was not robbed. Not a single teller or customer that was in the bank all day says that they witnessed a robbery or that anyone even close to my description was anywhere near the bank. There is not so much as a penny missing. There is no surveillance footage of me in the bank or around the bank or anywhere in your state.
Do you think that I still have to prove that I did not rob that bank?
There is ignorance going on Spot and but you'll get no argument from me as to the source.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I honestly have no clue to the depths of what you believe. I have to go with what you admit to and present here.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Lets say you claim I robbed a bank in your hometown yesterday.
You go to the police and they investigate. The bank says it was not robbed. Not a single teller or customer that was in the bank all day says that they witnessed a robbery or that anyone even close to my description was anywhere near the bank. There is not so much as a penny missing. There is no surveillance footage of me in the bank or around the bank or anywhere in your state.
Do you think that I still have to prove that I did not rob that bank?
There is ignorance going on Spot and but you'll get no argument from me as to the source.
Poor analogy. You know exactly what argument from ignorance means here.

Only difference is I am not trying to prove I’m right, somehow, you’re ego is not letting you grasp that.

The fallacy is you leave no room for the unknown. Perhaps you may in fact “know”, if you do, you should be able to present that very easily without question. And you shouldn’t be looking for what you might have missed when you sought God. If he’s not there, you didn’t miss anything, right???
Yes, yes I have evidence against. The evidence against is the Zero Evidence available and given for. When there is absolutely no evidence available to show a god THAT is the evidence against!.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Again, In the world of illusion and make believe(Hollywood)...anything is possible.
I'll add the world of delusion to the list also.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Again, In the world of illusion and make believe(Hollywood)...anything is possible.
I'll add the world of delusion to the list also.
So your ambition in life is to ask people what they believe and why they believe it - then belittle it with your opinion? Remember, you asked - I never tried to sell you anything as truth.

Either way, I have zero respect for anyone of the nature. I don’t believe in Big Foot but I won’t knock a man that does unless he’s trying to convince me he’s out there.
Truth is, you’re not 100% sure yourself.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So your ambition in life is to ask people what they believe and why they believe it - then belittle it with your opinion? Remember, you asked - I never tried to sell you anything as truth.
Oh dear Zeus no, You should see how serious and focused I can get when it is something important.
For these belief conversations I question the process that is used to form their opinions.

Either way, I have zero respect for anyone of the nature. I don’t believe in Big Foot but I won’t knock a man that does unless he’s trying to convince me he’s out there.
Truth is, you’re not 100% sure yourself.
Are you sure that I am not 100% sure? Are you knocking me even though I have not tried to convince you of my assuredness?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Oh dear Zeus no, You should see how serious and focused I can get when it is something important.
For these belief conversations I question the process that is used to form their opinions.

Are you sure that I am not 100% sure? Are you knocking me even though I have not tried to convince you of my assuredness?
Unless you have a different account this time - I asked you before if you’re 100% certain there is no God. We’ve had this conversation many times. You’ve never claimed to be. I won’t go back and look. You can just tell us how certain you are now.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Unless you have a different account this time - I asked you before if you’re 100% certain there is no God. We’ve had this conversation many times. You’ve never claimed to be. I won’t go back and look. You can just tell us how certain you are now.
But in your world , There is NO way that I can know anything with 100% certainty. So even if I say that I am not 100% sure of a god existing pr not existing..there is a chance that I may in fact be 100% sure and I just don't know it or vise versa.
There is no right or wrong answer correct?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No, it’s like being pregnant - either you is or you aint Lol ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:Happy Thanksgiving Bullet, seriously- :cheers:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No, it’s like being pregnant - either you is or you aint Lol ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:Happy Thanksgiving Bullet, seriously- :cheers:
Take care Spotlite.
I enjoy the gear grinding and always appreciate your input.