Did You Buy A Gun Today #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregoryB.

Picked up a new Winchester SXP 20 gauge with a 26 inch barrel. It’s going to be my all around use shotgun. I really like the stepped vent rib, helps me keep my eye in-line with the front bead instead of looking over it. Had to order it online since no one had it in stock anywhere near me. $405 shipped including FFL at my local shop. I really wanted to like the new 870 but the quality fit and finish wasn’t up to the price.

Attachments

• A81E49BE-9733-4CF2-BF07-FFFEC7FEB06A.jpeg
    A81E49BE-9733-4CF2-BF07-FFFEC7FEB06A.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 13

pacecars

Finally got a 20 gauge Ruger Red Label after all these years. I have wanted one ever since I saw the first one at a gun store back in my teens. It was the first O/U that I could close my eyes and mount the gun and it would be lined up perfectly. It is the old style fixed chokes in modified and improved cylinder. Even included the original receipt

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Finally got a 20 gauge Ruger Red Label after all these years. I have wanted one ever since I saw the first one at a gun store back in my teens. It was the first O/U that I could close my eyes and mount the gun and it would be lined up perfectly. It is the old style fixed chokes in modified and improved cylinder. Even included the original receipt

Now THAT is a darn fine Shotgun

Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle

That's the "JACKPOT" right there.

And... If it ever needs a new home..... :biggrin2:

Reactions: Dub

Gaswamp

great o/u for the money and they do shoot well

Big7

The Oracle
Actually I'd sell it tomorrow as is. I know I'll never hunt with it. I have three '06s set up already. I wanted to sell the TriStar but I am a sucker for a trade. I asked #3 Son if he wanted it and he said No that he hasn't used his Tikka in '06 for 3 seasons now.
I've been moving some on another quality instead of quantity kick I am on.
Lord don't I know that.
I need go get rid of several and I only own 1 pig and I can make a great rifle out of it.

Every time I think I know which ones to sell or trade, I think of about 10 reasons not to sell.

I sold a Chipmunk on the GON Classifieds and spent that money on saltwater terminal tackle.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Emotional support pistol jumped in my pocket and wouldn't leave.
New Ruger single six Wrangler with adjustable sights, 22lr ann 22mag cylinders.
Deal I could not pass up, the thangs are not expensive.
Good ambi holster, too.

20230630_163342.jpg
20230630_163314.jpg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
well, the -06 bug bit me again.

This time it was a 51 M1 Garand. It has a new stock on it. The guy bought it from the CMP about 4 years back and didn't shoot it.

It came with some enblocs and 2 or 3 boxes of ammo. It is a decent looking gun to be 72 years old and no telling what it has seen in it's lifetime

rosewood

Both Georgia based. Bergara in lawrenceville and MPA chassis from Oglethorpe county.
Bergera is made in Spain, the barrels are anyway.. Imported by GA company, same as CVA. Not diminishing the quality. They are excellent.

pacecars

I did get my .45/410 16”Contender barrel I sent to JR Shultz at Shultz Precision Rifles. He removed the spiral rifling and replaced it with straight rifling and a custom choke

Status
Not open for further replies.