Did You Buy A Gun Today #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacecars

It is designed for shot. The strait rifling keeps the shot cup from from spinning which has a tendency to throw shot out of the pattern. No rifling would be better but then it would be a short barreled shotgun and would have to be registered and a $200 tax stamp. It is still a .45 with a rifled barrel that can also shoot a 410 like it was with the original rifling although this one will never see a .45 load

rmp

Yes but nothing as classy as what you guys have going.

I bought a used Tikka CTR in 260 REM. It’ll go to Dad as a loner should I go back and hunt with him. He mentioned he’d like to use it for hog duty and not worry about shooting out the barrel on his Sako. I seriously doubt we’ll ever see that. Anyway, I broke it down and cleaned everything. Borescope shows it wasn’t shot much at all.

IMG_6903.jpeg

I had some 123 Amax stragglers so loaded them with H4350 1 grain below max just to get on paper. 3 shots to get close and then a 5 shot checky see. Room for improvement but decent.
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-01 13:28:53.656295.jpg

Finished another 6BRA on a Remington 700 SA. Douglas 7” twist at 22”, Boyd’s, Hawkins Hunter M5, with Bix’n & Andy TS 2-stage. Bed the action as per always and the bottom metal also as the inlet wasn’t as close as I like. It’s a $200 Boyd’s though so it’s almost expected. AICS mags and MDT’s feed extremely well. Modified the ejector and now ejecting as it should. Will get an SWFA on it this week.

IMG_6902.jpeg

It took far less time than I thought but got my 6BRA put together. Totally different than my original plan but decided to try something outside of my wheelhouse.
Impact 737, HawkHill 7.5” twist at 24”, Manners LRH, APA M5 (confirmation here that it’s my favorite) Bix’n & Andy TS Pro 2-stage, APA little ******* brake. Never been a fan or used a brake but we’re about to try one. The Impact feeds and ejects effortlessly. You check to see if it picked up a cartridge. That slick. Impressed so far.

IMG_6901.jpeg

Still trying to decide on the optic. Even though I don’t have that part figured out, I’ve got plans for 18” Bartlein carbon wrapped barrel in 7mm-08 to swap in for killin bigger stuff. The baby 6mm will be put to the test on antelope this fall.

Last edited:

Dub

Yes but nothing as classy as what you guys have going.

I bought a used Tikka CTR in 260 REM. It’ll go to Dad as a loner should I go back and hunt with him. He mentioned he’d like to use it for hog duty and not worry about shooting out the barrel on his Sako. I seriously doubt we’ll ever see that. Anyway, I broke it down and cleaned everything. Borescope shows it wasn’t shot much at all.

View attachment 1236601

I had some 123 Amax stragglers so loaded them with H4350 1 grain below max just to get on paper. 3 shots to get close and then a 5 shot checky see. Room for improvement but decent.
View attachment 1236637

Finished another 6BRA on a Remington 700 SA. Douglas 7” twist at 22”, Boyd’s, Hawkins Hunter M5, with Bix’n & Andy TS 2-stage. Bed the action as per always and the bottom metal also as the inlet wasn’t as close as I like. It’s a $200 Boyd’s though so it’s almost expected. AICS mags and MDT’s feed extremely well. Modified the ejector and now ejecting as it should. Will get an SWFA on it this week.

View attachment 1236607

It took far less time than I thought but got my 6BRA put together. Totally different than my original plan but decided to try something outside of my wheelhouse.
Impact 737, HawkHill 7.5” twist at 24”, Manners LRH, APA M5 (confirmation here that it’s my favorite) Bix’n & Andy TS Pro 2-stage, APA little ******* brake. Never been a fan or used a brake but we’re about to try one. The Impact feeds and ejects effortlessly. You check to see if it picked up a cartridge. That slick. Impressed so far.

View attachment 1236609

Still trying to decide on the optic. Even though I don’t have that part figured out, I’ve got plans for 18” Bartlein carbon wrapped barrel in 7mm-08 to swap in for killin bigger stuff. The baby 6mm will be put to the test on antelope this fall.

Man, oh man....that is one sweet rifle.

I can only imagine how smoothly it'll run. A nice brake on that stout barrel will have it feeling like shooting a rimfire.

rmp

Man, oh man....that is one sweet rifle.

I can only imagine how smoothly it'll run. A nice brake on that stout barrel will have it feeling like shooting a rimfire.
Thanks fellas.

She’s stout alright Dubs. Completely out of character for me and my shooting buddies know it. Had an offer to do some spiral fluting to it in exchange for some other rifle work. Thinking I’ll leave it be for now but may end up chopping it down.

Adam5

I haven’t posted my latest trade yet. I had an Sig P320 X Compact that I didn’t really care for, and it too similar to my Canik TP9 Elite SC and Shadow Systems MR920. I traded it on ODT for a great condition Sig P239 with night sights (dimming, but still have some glow), and the German made frame. It also came with a Milt Sparks VMII holster. According to Sig it’s 01/31/2009 production. I had forgotten how good the metal Sigs feel in my hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 3

Dub

Just ordered this directly from BUL.
Dub made me do it :O
View attachment 1236880

You are going to have a ball with this one.

Accurate, dot ready, super stable.....bigtime fun.

Congrats.
:rockon: (y) (y) (y)

I told my buddy that I was going to buy my first .22 pistol. The S&W 41 he has of our other buddy's. Now I can shoot with @BriarPatch99. Might take me a minute to pay it out of hock.

The S&W 41 is one of the pinnacles of the rimfire world.

You won't regret it....especially with the sentimental importance of that one. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Dub

Sure did......picking it up in an hour.....pics coming.

It's my first Upper Tier AR.....finally saw what all the buzz is about. There is a difference....it's subtle, but it is noticeable.

Pretty dang pumped up. :banana:

20pgg87sdev81.jpeg

Dub

Alright boys.

Here she is.

My new high speed low drag AR.

And before you think I unloaded a lot of cash....it was a long term layaway deal.

Found a dealer that would allow me 12 months to get'r dun.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Alright boys.

Here she is.

My new high speed low drag AR.

And before you think I unloaded a lot of cash....it was a long term layaway deal.

Found a dealer that would allow me 12 months to get'r dun.
What is it?

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.