Did you reload anything today #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

It's still going! Ends on the 20th. Got to spend $150, but I was already gonna do that anyway. Doesn't apply to hazmat. Ordered on Friday, got it yesterday. View attachment 1312603
After I saw I had to spend $150. I backed off. Midway's sale you only have to spend $99. But Graf does have some boolits I want that Midway doesn't list. Midway has some small parts I need. Hmm...

Jester896

Senior Clown
Wish I could find an 8# jug,

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
After I saw I had to spend $150. I backed off. Midway's sale you only have to spend $99. But Graf does have some boolits I want that Midway doesn't list. Midway has some small parts I need. Hmm...
Yeah, I rarely order from Graf's but when I need lead bullets and dies/other reloading items, they're my go-to. I find they're high on Berry's, but they carry a good selection of MBC bullets and have about the best price. They also tend to have some of the best prices on dies.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I'm gonna ponder that one for a little bit (and probably end up buying).

ETA: Got it from Midway instead... 10% off code "JAE061824" offset the hazmat and most of the shipping... Not the best deal I've seen recently but not bad, either, and I know I'll have it.

Last edited:

rosewood

I can't remember if I got the one I have from there or Whidden's. I can't wait to get into it more. I have only played with it a little in my Dasher.
View attachment 1312656
How did you hack into the report to show an ES of 2? I gotta learn that trick. :)

Jester896

Senior Clown
How did you hack into the report to show an ES of 2? I gotta learn that trick. :)
we were shocked when we saw it. My buddy had been using Varget and I was working with 8208XBR. Clowning around we tried a load with the N140 and only loaded 4 rounds. He ordered a jug too after that.

Currently I only have 2 of their powders...the other one we split an 8# jug 3N37 I think for the .44 RMs

SC Hunter

I got the stuff together to drop off at my guys house to have some 6.5 creedmoor put together. I've got 50 140 grain nosler ballistic tips that I know the gun shoots good. I've got some SST's that I know the gun likes and I have some 100 grain TTSX I'm going to have him load me 20 or so and see if the rifle likes them. Those little 100 grain TTSX should do awesome.

Dub

Either that orange thang is glitching.......or....ole Jester had a skillful touch on the loading bench.

I'm leaning towards him having the skillz.

Conversely....I abused my orange thang yesterday.

I had it offset about 12"....according to plan.

I also had it a bit further back from the end of my barrel.
I wasn't accounting of the muzzle brake to divert such a violent blast backwards.
It knocked over a 1/2 full Powerade.

Later the battery door blew off. Three shots later a AA battery flung out. Not fell, mind you, but flung.

Smallish bench made it hard to scoot it out ahead of the backblast area.

I thought I was hard on my old folding Chrony......at least it received a single clean kill shot and wasn't tortured. :rofl:

Dub

I got the stuff together to drop off at my guys house to have some 6.5 creedmoor put together. I've got 50 140 grain nosler ballistic tips that I know the gun shoots good. I've got some SST's that I know the gun likes and I have some 100 grain TTSX I'm going to have him load me 20 or so and see if the rifle likes them. Those little 100 grain TTSX should do awesome.

Deer gonna really hate 'em. :rockon:

Image 6-18-24 at 6.16 PM.jpeg

Dub

Yesterday had some fun at the range.
Shot the loads below in effort to finally get things kicked off with my three year old-yet unfired 6.5CM. Took me long enough.

Image 6-17-24 at 3.47 PM.jpeg
Image 6-17-24 at 3.49 PM.jpeg

I'd planned on loading some more before bedtime and do half at 40.2gr and then explore charges up to 42gr.

Decided to hold at 40.2gr for a while and simply shoot the gun a bit before going up. I may see a slight bump in velocity after a few sessions, anyway.

Jester had a good point yesterday when he asked what the goal was. It's not going to be a hunting rifle....just a plinker......so an accurate & consistent 2,600 fps will be welcome for a while.

Got some free time this afternoon and loaded 50 at 40.2gr in the same batch of virgin Starline srp.

IMG_4791.jpeg

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4801.jpeg

About to make an evening pot of coffee and clean the barrel on it and get it ready to shoot tomorrow, hopefully.

rosewood

we were shocked when we saw it. My buddy had been using Varget and I was working with 8208XBR. Clowning around we tried a load with the N140 and only loaded 4 rounds. He ordered a jug too after that.

Currently I only have 2 of their powders...the other one we split an 8# jug 3N37 I think for the .44 RMs
I ended up some n310 and n110 in a trade. The 310 has worked well in target 45. Went ahead and loaded 1000 of them. I haven't tried the n110 yet.

A little more info, since I have a keyboard now and not using my thumbs... My brother was supposed to order some coated 200 grain RNFP for use in the 45 colt. He goofed and order some 230 grain RN that doesn't have a crimp groove. Need the crimp groove for his Taurus 450 ultralite in 45 Colt that pulls bullets if you don't crimp them good. He did finally order the right ones for the 45 Colt.

Anyway, since we had 1000 of the 230 coated Missouri boolits, I decided to try them out in 45 ACP. My brother shoots his alot and factory is quite expensive, so I decided to try the n310 and the erroneously ordered 230 boolits in the 45 ACP. So far, the load is shooting better than any factory fodder he has tried. He sends me pics all the time of the tight groups he is shooting. I even let my brother load about 200 of them on my press. Makes shooting them better when you pulled the handle. :)

Rosewood

Last edited:

menhadenman

Didn’t reload but I did unload right at sunrise. Sighted in my 45-70 with a new scope while testing out some not so lightening hot 7RM with 180 ELDM and H1000 and Retumbo.

DCAACC60-16A0-41CC-B7F7-F56A261B77BC.jpeg05BBB8D4-3C11-4EAC-9964-FC1BC108C6A5.jpeg

Gorgeous morning and only other person at the range at that time of day was my dog.

Turns out the H1000 was stupid accurate but much slower than I’d like. Closer to 2,600 fps but four shots in one hole is nice.

46CACD77-CF0D-4FF2-BFF5-D9180C83381D.jpeg

Moved onto Retumbo, backed way off the 71+ grain 180 sizzlers I was zipping at over 3,000 fps. Looks like there’s a decent node around 66.5 grains that’ll still get me over 2800 fps. Pretty sure I’ll tool around with those one more time then load up a pile of em for practice ahead of elk season.

FF549044-4169-4FE5-97E9-3E693BF42B01.jpeg

Dub

I ordered another tool for my bench that I don’t have yet. View attachment 1312755

Quality gear, right there.

If you can remember to keep those stored in their case when not in active use, you'll be well served by them for a long, long time.

I regret the money I wasted on two sets of craptastic sets, likely made in Botswana by Pygmies.

I could've simply started with a good pair like you are doing...and still be using them. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.