Digital Camera and Batteries

Bnathanb1982

I just bought a digital camera yesterday and was playing around with it trying to figure out how to use it and already ran the batteries dead after one night. I heard that they use a lot of battery power but dang I didn't realize it was that fast. For those of yall with cameras, are the rechargeable battery systems the way to go or do you buy batteries that often?

Possum

Banned
For Some Reason My Dig. Camera Wont Work With Anything Other Than Duracell Batt.

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
There are different batteries made for cameras that have longer life. There is also very good chargeable ones. I have two sets and a good charger, when I take a set out of the camera I put them in the charger. Also check the camera as some of them automatically discharge over time so that the batteries dont corrode (mine does it in about two days without use). But get the camera type long life batteries, chargeable or not. There are rating numbers on the batteries and you want something around 2700 or 3000. You will love it

Killdee

I use NIMh 2500ma rechargeable energisers in all my digital trail cams.Some cameras are batteryhogs.The LCD is a serious battery drain also if you use it rather than the viewfinder.
KD

pendy

I use the rechargeable batteries. It is so much better than buying batteries all the time. I have two sets and that way I always have batteries ready to go.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If I run AA batts in mine (OLY 700) then it will urn through them in a couple of days. If I run CRV3 batts they will last me for a month of normal pic taking without burning.

Arrow Flinger

I have the 700 too and vote for rechargables. I have 3 sets. One stays in the camera, one in the camera bag and one in the charger. They last as long as any battery I have tried and I have used them all.

Bnathanb1982

Camera

It might be b/c I got a "cheap" digital camera, I don't make the big bucks to buy a really good one, but I paid like 80 bucks for it. I don't know if that's why it drains them so fast, but it takes 3 AAA batteries and that can add up pretty quick. How much does a recharchable system cost anyways?

Ga-Spur

Bnathanb1982, recharge systems with 4 batteries is about 20 dollars I believe.The cameras with the rechargeable lithum batteries last weeks . Those lithum batteries in AA size last a long time also ; but they are expensive . Which camera did you get?

Bnathanb1982

Camera

I got a Digital Concept one. I looked at all the specs and compared it to the more expensive ones and EVERYTHING was the same for about 50 bucks cheaper, for starting off I figured that would do fine, I'm sure there is a reason for it being cheaper though...oh well lol

Toliver

Go to Sears and get you a deep cycle DieHard. That oughta last a day or two. :)