Display cases for points

weathermantrey

Does anybody know where I can buy a quality display frame for arrowheads? I’m looking for a case I can hang on the wall while the stuffing inside the frame holds the points in place against the glass.

I do not want a frame where you have to glue/velcro the points to the display.

I would like to have one frame with a black background for my quartz points, and another frame with a white background for my darker colored chert points.

Thanks!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Troy Futral. He makes a high quality shadow box at a very reasonable price.

334-821-5823

Willjo

Most of the time you can find them at arrowhead shows, Troy
Futral was selling them at the Abbeville show a couple of months ago. That is the best way to get them, so you don't have to pay shipping. They don't have wall hanging brackets on them but you could add some. If you call him he will be glad to ship you two or tell you when another show will be close to you. T & B Case co. 334-821-5823.

shawn mills

Smokey mountain knife works sells em

Ancient Obsession

Kentucky Flintworks. Dennis Kearns sales good cases at a good price. They have a website. You would have to pay shipping, but they are nice cases for the money.

Phish242

Troy Futral. He makes a high quality shadow box at a very reasonable price.

334-821-5823
What do you recommend to use to adhere arrowheads to a display ? I have used glue gun in past but I want to make sure that I do not damage any I make in the future . My fiancé has an amazing collection I want to display . All ideas welcomed because some are very large

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What do you recommend to use to adhere arrowheads to a display ? I have used glue gun in past but I want to make sure that I do not damage any I make in the future . My fiancé has an amazing collection I want to display . All ideas welcomed because some are very large

In cases like these, you don`t use any adhesives. The points are pressed between the foam and glass. I would never put adhesives f any kind on artifacts.

Willjo

The person that made the cases Troy sold is out of business so Troy is no longer selling cases

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The person that made the cases Troy sold is out of business so Troy is no longer selling cases
I think Doug Puckett used to make the frames Troy sold. I haven't seen Doug in years. Wonder if he's still collecting?

Attachments

• book84c.jpg
    book84c.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Love this type frame, Shut the lid and it pushes the points against a foam backing, holds them in place very well. I like to put a stretchable fabric on top of the foam to keep the points off the foam. Some foam has an acid in it.

Attachments

• collect24.jpg
    collect24.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 5

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Doug made many of the frames I use. I've also had a cabinet maker build some 17.50 inch square frames for my larger stuff, and paleo.

Attachments

• museum29.jpg
    museum29.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 19446_1113616060368_6850560_n.jpg
    19446_1113616060368_6850560_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9