Do you plant food plots?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you didn't get your plots planted. This is why plots are important. Every night this is what the camera's see on plots that were planted. Deer need this food because spring hasn't come to green things up yet. Food such as acorns are gone, people putting out bait has stopped. The does are pregnant, the bucks are run down. If we didn't have these plots, the deer would have migrated to the neighbors who did plant. I had one heck of a time getting these photo's to open. But they are a sample of what I'm seeing on the cards when checking cameras.

Attachments

• bucksfeb.JPG
    bucksfeb.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 145
  • doesfeb.JPG
    doesfeb.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 145

Jeff Holt

Going to plant a new one this year if I can find the right spot. Been trying to improve one of our community food plots on the club but it's hard to do without the right equipment.

Jimmypop

I started a new one today. It's right behind the cedar in the view from my den window up toward the mountain. I'm going to try to get my meat from the house this fall. I'm not sure I will be able to make it to the shooting house on the back side of the farm.

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_151617237_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220215_151617237_HDR.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20211111_093119650.jpg
    IMG_20211111_093119650.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 71

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I plant every year. I’m surrounded by ag and the fields are full of green grain right now being used as a cover crop. I see deer every day feeding in them.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Son would you mind sharing how you got that sunflower plot lookin that good?
I have a great appreciation for food plots I think they are highly benificial in many ways for many species.
I've tried to grow sun flowers in Wilkes county a couple times over the years and they continue to fail

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I plant one small one every year. They keep it eaten off into the ground.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I planted a ton of seed and used 2 tons of 10-10-10. This fall.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Son would you mind sharing how you got that sunflower plot lookin that good?
I have a great appreciation for food plots I think they are highly benificial in many ways for many species.
I've tried to grow sun flowers in Wilkes county a couple times over the years and they continue to fail

Prepared the soil, lime. Planted oily sunflower seeds. After they got up a bit, fertilized with 10-10-10. Lucked up and got rain when needed. I like the sunflowers, deer love the leaves, everything else likes the seeds. I also plant beans or peas in them sometimes.

Ruger15

I plant every year but I think I enjoy planting and working the dirt as much as the deer do eating it. Makes me happy and makes them happy …… up until one takes a dirt nap in one of them ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I walked around in a Coker oat plot I planted looking for a shed a couple days ago . They are absolutely destroying it .

lonewolf247

I've been doing food plots for 40 years. We kill a few deer on them, and they help to hold the herd up in late winter, till spring.