dog rescue/foster

breathe in

long shot but anyone happen to know any in atlanta/surrounding area/cpl hours away intaking new dogs?

had a cpl dogs dumped at the dog park yesterday and having a hard time placing them, everywhere is full. . Fulton county is not taking new dogs. they're with me last night/tonight but i'm going out of town for work Monday so afraid if we dont find someone/someplace gonna have to put em back on the street.

if anyone has any leads, appreciate it.

both friendly. female < year. 3 legged male around 4-5?

325398070_580255540587312_4131015851518826779_n.jpg

Toliver

long shot but anyone happen to know any in atlanta/surrounding area/cpl hours away intaking new dogs?

had a cpl dogs dumped at the dog park yesterday and having a hard time placing them, everywhere is full. . Fulton county is not taking new dogs. they're with me last night/tonight but i'm going out of town for work Monday so afraid if we dont find someone/someplace gonna have to put em back on the street.

if anyone has any leads, appreciate it.

both friendly. female < year. 3 legged male around 4-5?

View attachment 1203260
Are they Pits? I don't want to assume from the pics.

Toliver

If they're Pits, contact these folks.

Toliver

yes, pit - pit/mix?

have already contacted them, they're full. thanks.
Ok, that's unfortunate. I'll be around other dog rescue people tomorrow. I'll bring up this pair to see if any of them can help.

breathe in

that'd be great! I'll pm my #

both are ppl friendly. young one is dog friendly, not too sure about older one? he had no problem with other dogs in the park but did growl at a cpl of mine here at the house. growled but no lunging, so, who knows?

young one is less than a year, just a total spaz. older one obviously had someone that cared for him at one time as I mentioned he's three legged. don't know if it's the same person who dumped him but they obviously cared enough to take care of his leg. has pretty good manners and knows a cpl commands. and he cant get enough loving from you.

edit: the male is fine with other dogs. just got mine and him together.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good on you trying to do what’s right ! Did they already have collars on ?

breathe in

yes. no tags or info. the animal control guy scanned them and the one had a chip but it was not registered.

we saw the guy walk them down and hang around for a minute them put them in the gate and turn around and walk away. afraid it's just gonna get worse with the way the current admin has run the country into the ground. only so much food and only so many mouths to feed. some ppl are having to choose between feeding their family and feeding fido. fido gets the short straw.

Toliver

yes. no tags or info. the animal control guy scanned them and the one had a chip but it was not registered.

we saw the guy walk them down and hang around for a minute them put them in the gate and turn around and walk away. afraid it's just gonna get worse with the way the current admin has run the country into the ground. only so much food and only so many mouths to feed. some ppl are having to choose between feeding their family and feeding fido. fido gets the short straw.

I have spoken to these rescue folks and I'm finding out everyone they know is full. But they suggested this one.

tempFileForShare_20230115-092024_451244376020258.jpg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I took them back to the dog park this afternoon and someone decided to try Fulton county again. different person came out and took both of them back to the shelter. hope they both find great homes. ::;

thanks guys
I hope you are right for these two but sadly, many have to be put down. Most animal control facilities (shelters) have been running at above capacity for a good while now due to the economic and political situation. Most shelters have a short time limit for stray holds to locate owners before euthanasia becomes an option and there is no hold time limit at all for owner surrenders. Triage is difficult but must be done at the shelter level and at the rescue level. There are just too many animals for the system to accommodate and the in bound stream of animals is seemingly limitless.

The shelters must have outlets for the animals they take in or they will simply fill and be of no further use. The outlets for the shelter animals are direct adoption, local fosters, rescue groups, and euthanasia. Local fosters and rescue groups can only take "adoptable" animals or they will fail systemically from having too many "unadoptable" animals which will overburden them or their fosters and they will fail just like a shelter which fills and can't move dogs along.

breathe in

we will see. Fulton county/lifeline is supposed to be no kill...? I did hear they are gonna put one or a cpl down because they are deteriorating so much from being in that insane asylum. over 400 hundred dogs there now in a space built for 80-100.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Realistically, no kill can only mean limited kill but I applaud them and all the other shelters that are trying to do the job right. Too many animals come in with major health or behavioral issues and there is no end to the situation that has caused them to have to house 400 animals in the space built for 100.

All we can do is try.