Dream Dog(coonhound) for A twelve year old SC disabled hunter

Hello my name is Jacob Segars I am a youth coon hunter from Georgia. During a recent trip to Wyoming on an antelope hunt which I was blessed to go on through the Outdoor Dream Foundation because of my cerebral palsy, I was also blessed in getting to know a 12 year old young man from Greenville, SC who is paralyzed from the waste down from an unknown reason causing him to be in a wheelchair unless someone is carrying him and also cannot swallow because his esophagus is closed up and causes him to have to taste food then spit it out and also to have a feeding tube these things have happened within this year. While on this trip together we got to talking about dogs and I mentioned to him about my dog a treeing walker coonhound "Winchester" he said that his dream dog would be a coonhound so I am trying to find a people, businesses, and communitys of hunters that would donate any of the following items to help make this dream come true in the near future:

Dog pen

Dog House

Dog Food

Dog Collars and Leashes

Coon Hide

Shock Collar System

Rolling Cage

Dog Box

Briar-proof clothing size 10-12

And if you think of anything else that might would help please just let me know.

. Thanks ( Note: Currently I am just trying to find people who would be be willing donate items if this can happen or not due to his parents decision about whether or not to get one and his health so I will not want to get the items yet until I know that it will occur)

Here's some pictures of our antelopes, us fishing, and my hound.

Thanks for the donations and God bless.

Jacob Segars
segarsjacob20643@yahoo.com

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_20151021_211312.jpg
    IMG_20151021_211312.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_20151106_185216.jpg
    IMG_20151106_185216.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
Hey guys here is a list of things that said that they will donate:

Coon scent- National Scent Company
Self feeder- Deer Creek Enterprises
Collar and leash- Coastal Pets.
$300 possible donation by a GON member named KyDawg.
Posible Monetary donation by Greg Burks member of UKC forum
$100 donation by Michael Carner member of UKC forum
Possible Supply Donation by Red Fern Hound Supply
$100 donation by Mdcooner member of UKC forum
Thanks for all the views and I will update you on possible donations as people contact me back ! God bless

Jacob Segars
segarsjacob20643@yahoo.com

Last edited:

shortgo

fnglish hound

There was a guy on squirrel dog central had an older hound to give to a young hunter, said he was a coon dog ?

Dream Dog

Shortgo thank you for the info. I have contacted Kennels of all types of coonhounds and have him one lined up. The main thing is that I don't know what his parents will decide not what type would be best for him and don't want to just jump into it or anything. However I have had very little success in getting supplies other than the ones I listed above. Thanks again for the info and support !

Dream Dog

Hey guys, good morning. I was wondering if you would keep my friend in your prayers I talked to his dad yesterday and he said that he is struggling with his health and disability. I also wanted to say that I am possibilly teaming up with the Grant William Terrel Foundation the founders go to church with me and that donations would then be able to be tax-deductible. Again please be in prayer for my friend and I just wanted to also thank you guys for the support through views!

Got a redbone puppy lined up from howling hills kennels in Texas and Hauling Donation by Dunkin's Hauling to SC for whenever his parents decide !! And a English puppy from Taylor made kennels in Kentucky. Need someone willing to go pick up this hound if they decide they want a English if any hound at all. Thanks for all of the views and donations.

riverbank

I live close to you. If everything pans out with this young man and his parents please let me know. I'd like to help with what ever I can do. Thank you sir !

Horns

I'm not a coon hunter but I commend you, little man, going through your own struggles and you think of someone else. That is a precious gift that many people do not possess these days. You made my day by reading your post.

roperdoc

If you get the puppy, holler at me. I can take care of his heart worm and flea preventative products for him

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If I can help up here in Kentucky let me know.

Dream Dog

Hey guys, at this time the family has decided that because of Fords health that another pet would not be best right now but hope in the near future that it will be possible. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. I will keep you all posted. Hope everyone's Hunting goes great !

K80

Hey guys if y'all would please keep Jacob in yalls prayers this week. He is having a pretty serious surgery this week that could leave him eating from a feeding tube for the rest of his life.

Horns

May the lord lay his hand on the surgeon and staff. Let this young man live as normal of a life that is possible.

cmriner

My heart and prayers go out to you young man and your friend. Your an awesome person and friend. I personally can't wait to read about the next outdoor adventure that you two share together. God bless !!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Thumbs up for what you are doing and please keep us informed on the outcome of his surgery.

K80

Surgery went well. Since, he has eaten a few popsicles and drank a little Gatorade.

While doing the surgery the doctors saw evidence of Barrett's Esophagus and did a biopsy and are awaiting the results.

He is in a good deal of pain but as typical for this young man his spirits are high.

It will likely be months before it is known how much he has to rely on the feeding tube they placed.