Drivelers looking forward to Spring #356

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Got all the weekend chores and running around town done. Now it's kitchen time. It's gettin COLD and wet out there. (n) Makein a layered taco dip for tomorrow. H22 doing some Bambi balls :huh:. Suppa will be oven roasted chicken marinated in Italian dressing topped with mushrooms and parm. cheese and some wild rice on the side. Life is good!:fine:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Got a lot done in 4 hours in the drizzle and light rain. Rekindled the fire got some leaves on it and started shoveling a mix of ash and black remnants of coals out of it and spread it in some dips in the grass out close by that’s always bugged me some. They’d hold water for a day and still be mushy a little the next day after a rain, maybe that’ll keep them from standing quotes as long.

I did have to put on a rain jacket to keep from getting soaking wet.

View attachment 1209474View attachment 1209476

That's a nice homestead you have there.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
The rain and COLD has moved us inside. H22 got a pine apple right side up cake going and the house smells good. Got some biscuits and bacon for breakfast next week done. Now watching some great golf. The complete opposite of the Master's. Them patrons party. :rofl:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The rain and COLD has moved us inside. H22 got a pine apple right side up cake going and the house smells good. Got some biscuits and bacon for breakfast next week done. Now watching some great golf. The complete opposite of the Master's. Them patrons party. :rofl:

Ain`t but a few cakes I like, preferring pies better, but that is my forevermore favorite. The Redhead found a recipe online today and gonna make one for me.

Colder`n a dadgum frog out there with a bitter cold rain. If we don`t get ice tonight it will be a miracle. Hens only gave us one egg today. I am shore glad I`m a retired lineman in times like this.

Ya`ll stay warm and be safe.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Good Evening to all of you Drivelers that must be tired and overworked by this late Saturday evening time.

Milkman show nuff put a hankering on me earlier today with his comments about Chick-fil-a food etc. Well I did my best to not do any kind of actual work today and I succeeded in just resting all day. Yep, the hardest thing that I did today was to walk out to my mailbox. I will admit that today was a really different kind of day as I am always somewhat active most every day of the week.

I stayed inside up until I went and got me my late afternoon lunch/supper and breakfast for tomorrow. I went to Chick-fil-A and got two chicken sandwiches, a 12 pc. nugget box, waffle fries, and 6 packs of their fantastic tasting Polynesian sauces. (PS: Walmart also sells all of the Chick-fil-a sauces as well as they are located on the same aisle as their catsup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressings etc.)

Marvin, thanks for the "nudge" this morning as my late lunch, supper etc was really tasty and I still have some for tomorrow as well. :cheers:

I also watched golf, golf, and lots more boring golf as this tournament was more like a drunk crowd at this tournament. I have played golf for over 50 years and I love it but this tournament today was more like a circus atmosphere.

PS: If any of you are still having rain, please don't send it toward the Augusta/Lincoln County area as we already had more than enough for a while.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Ain`t but a few cakes I like, preferring pies better, but that is my forevermore favorite. The Redhead found a recipe online today and gonna make one for me.

Colder`n a dadgum frog out there with a bitter cold rain. If we don`t get ice tonight it will be a miracle. Hens only gave us one egg today. I am shore glad I`m a retired lineman in times like this.

Ya`ll stay warm and be safe.
I'm not a cake person myself. Pies for the win! :rockon:
It's so cold and windy out there I had to put on my heated vest. H22 put it on his big ol' body to go out. Didn't fit, but he liked it. :rofl:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My heated vest. Ya'll cold weather hunters need to get ya one.
Be sure to get the collar heater on it. H22's jacket doesn't have it. He wish he had gotten one with the collar heat. Heat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.