Eggs in crappie

hawkeye123

Anybody ever seen eggs in a crappie in late November? Not full like in March , but had 2 small sacs, crazy warm weather I guessScreenshot_20201129-110433_Gallery.jpg

Whitefeather

Management Material
Not unusual at all. Some fish will be bedding in late February/early March which is just 3 months away depending on what part of the state your in. Eggs start developing when the water temperature drops.

hawkeye123

I guess I'm usually hunting this time of year, haven't noticed em before, been so warm fishing a lot more, feb my favorite month to fish, have seen a lot of eggs then

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have caught crappie with tiny egg sacks in the summer. Not many but every now and then I will clean one with them

RamblinWreck

Just cleaned some yesterday, and one or two had small egg sacs like that.

Fletch_W

Banned
I've heard it referred to as 'False Spawn', they'll even be on their Spring spawning areas in November, so they say. But there's no actual spawning taking place, so they say.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Common in bass also. The eggs just don't mature until the spawn, but they actually carry them and develop them in the winter. Eggs begin forming for next year's spawn not long after they come off their beds.