Facebook ads

ucfireman

I don't do a lot on facebook but I do browse the little short things that come up on the home page. And browse market place.
Some of those products (on the homepage) are neat and not priced too bad.
There are also little ads for a chance to win stuff, tools etc.

Today there was one for a Ravin crossbow. Ted Nugent was on the ad. I looked at it and of course I won a crossbow. All I had to do was give them my info and pay 7.59 for shipping.
The site had the little lock symbol at the top that supposedly means the site is secure.
Anyway I didn't go any further, afraid of being scammed or CC stolen or something.

So, has anyone every tried one of these sites? Contests?
If so, did you get what you were supposed to?

I have thought about using a prepaid credit card so they cannot charge but what I have on it.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
If it sounds to good to be true ......it probably is.
I don,t buy anything unless I know the site and can verify it.
To many smarter than me internet thieves that want my money.
I see an ad for cheap homes in an area we have looked at.Web site is based in Macedonia.

Last edited:

DSGB

It's a scam. That's not really Ted Nugent, but some AI rendering. All they want is your CC info so they can use it to make purchases.

specialk

i dont do facebook but i use instagram and twitter and ive bought 2 things over the years and have learned my lesson.....google the ads website and research....

SarahFair

It's a scam. That's not really Ted Nugent, but some AI rendering. All they want is your CC info so they can use it to make purchases.
Yeah, the celebrity AI generated images and voices are out in full force with the ads.

I'm sure there will be some sort of regulations soon.
AI is going to create a huge mess in upcoming years.

Toliver

Yeah, the celebrity AI generated images and voices are out in full force with the ads.

I'm sure there will be some sort of regulations soon.
AI is going to create a huge mess in upcoming years.
I keep trying to tell y'all Skynet is going to happen.

Your maiden name isn't O'Connor is it?