Faith in Randomness

Thanatos

To a point your are somewhat right. The deciding factor for me is that when I take all available evidence for both sides and I take all the newest information that continually is found and I factor in actual facts I make my choice by actual factual evidence.
Now I am not saying all the information on the side I choose it 100%...yet, but over the years of human advancement we have constantly been making progress in science while the old religious tales have been not holding their own. Faith vs Facts. No problem for a "believer" to look past one to the other for he wants/needs to be right, but please do not insert magical invisible friends to try to explain gaps in what science is slowly but surely figuring out.

Man! It is convenient that these little beings were placed (or evolved right?) in the perfect PLACE and TIME in the history of our universe to study WHERE and WHEN we are in it. Then, we sit there and use that data to try and disprove that we are here for no reason at all. It just "happened". Irony at it's best...or worst. I urge you to read the book Privileged Planet. Someone posted an agnostic's book review and the review was heavily slanted toward their Godless perspective of their existence rather than an actual review. Even if you do not want to subscribe to the theories in that book there is a LOT of good scientific data in it. In fact I will buy it for you and send it to you if you will read it. PM me your address if you are interested. Same goes to Asasth.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I am a big proponent and believer in science and God being in a synergistic relationship. BUT! There are two things that happened that goes against rational belief and the forces of science that run the cosmos. That would be a man who lived a perfect life. Then, that man dying and being raised again 3 days later. :cool:

We all know each others stance. It is just that if you are going to make claims like that you NEED to, but don't, back them up.

Thanatos

We all know each others stance. It is just that if you are going to make claims like that you NEED to, but don't, back them up.

Neither can you backup that he is not real or that he did not rise from the dead. Back to square one again...you've got your faith and I have mine.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Neither can you backup that he is not real or that he did not rise from the dead. Back to square one again...you've got your faith and I have mine.

YOU made the claims. I asked for proof.
If your stance is that YOU make a claim and others must prove it false then you have already lost the argument because Your claim gets lumped in with all the other folklore, imaginary, campfire tales and local legend that are in the same spot as your Jesus.
I think the odds say Jesus was a real person and he made claims(like many before and after) that he was the son of a god. You say what he did that would substantiate those claims and yet cannot give us any evidence to back it up.
Burden is on you.

Now, I on the other hand just saw Bigfoot and the Jersey Devil in a hip-hip dance off out in one of the local farm fields. The battle was a tie so they both flew up to Heaven.
Prove I didn't.

Thanatos

YOU made the claims. I asked for proof.
If your stance is that YOU make a claim and others must prove it false then you have already lost the argument because Your claim gets lumped in with all the other folklore, imaginary, campfire tales and local legend that are in the same spot as your Jesus.
I think the odds say Jesus was a real person and he made claims(like many before and after) that he was the son of a god. You say what he did that would substantiate those claims and yet cannot give us any evidence to back it up.
Burden is on you.

Now, I on the other hand just saw Bigfoot and the Jersey Devil in a hip-hip dance off out in one of the local farm fields. The battle was a tie so they both flew up to Heaven.
Prove I didn't.

I agree and I've stated before the preponderance of evidence that lead to my FAITH and belief in God.

You're saying that you are unwilling to make the statement, "Your God does not exist". If you did then I would need to see the proof he does not exist. If you did not have said proof, then you are relying on faith the same as I.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I agree and I've stated before the preponderance of evidence that lead to my FAITH and belief in God.

You're saying that you are unwilling to make the statement, "Your God does not exist". If you did then I would need to see the proof he does not exist. If you did not have said proof, then you are relying on faith the same as I.

LOLOLOL you are a riot. NOBODY has seen your god, talked to him, texted him, hit him up on twitter or anything else.
Oh I'll say it, "Your God does not exist"
The sheer absence and non involvement of a god is proof that one does not exist. THAT is the proof. I don't need a shred more than what your god provides for himself and that is ZERO evidence of it's own existence. He can't prove he exists it, you can't prove it, nobody has or can. I submit to you ALL of the evidence that you cannot muster to help your case as my proof.

Thanatos

LOLOLOL you are a riot. NOBODY has seen your god, talked to him, texted him, hit him up on twitter or anything else.
Oh I'll say it, "Your God does not exist"
The sheer absence and non involvement of a god is proof that one does not exist. THAT is the proof. I don't need a shred more than what your god provides for himself and that is ZERO evidence of it's own existence. He can't prove he exists it, you can't prove it, nobody has or can. I submit to you ALL of the evidence that you cannot muster to help your case as my proof.

Your stance is based on not believing the Bible is true. Can you prove the writings in the Bible are not true? Sure you can doubt them but can you prove Moses didn't speak to God? Can you provide unequivocal proof? Can you? If so do it.

It's sad/silly when little insignificant people try to use their simplistic narrow minded little brains to reason God out of existence.

mtnwoman

NOBODY has seen your god, talked to him, texted him, hit him up on twitter or anything else.
How does any of that prove or disprove anything? If that's all it takes to prove or disprove anything, then....
We could say the same about George Washington. I am totally relying on other peoples word he even existed, no one today has seen him, texted him, hit him up on twitter or anything else have they? I bet he lied at least once in his life...:D

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How does any of that prove or disprove anything? If that's all it takes to prove or disprove anything, then....
We could say the same about George Washington. I am totally relying on other peoples word he even existed, no one today has seen him, texted him, hit him up on twitter or anything else have they? I bet he lied at least once in his life...:D

Please stop

mtnwoman

Can you prove the writings in the Bible are not true? Sure you can doubt them but can you prove Moses didn't speak to God? Can you provide unequivocal proof? Can you? If so do it.

Many have tried to prove God doesn't exist, no one has been successful.

Thanatos

Please stop

This is why I can not reject my faith.

The universe/universes are infinite and our knowledge is finite. We will never get to the point of having infinite knowledge. Therefore we will always have faith in something. We were "made" to have faith. Do you agree?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Your stance is based on not believing the Bible is true. Can you prove the writings in the Bible are not true? Sure you can doubt them but can you prove Moses didn't speak to God? Can you provide unequivocal proof? Can you? If so do it.

It's sad/silly when little insignificant people try to use their simplistic narrow minded little brains to reason God out of existence.

I and others have repeatedly proved that the writings in the Bible are not true. There is no god so Moses did not speak to him. You and I each have the same amount of proof that there is no God. I just accept it.

I am not sure what you mean by the last statement but at 6'1" and 243lbs I am not exactly little, unless your over 7 feet tall then I'll give you that. If you are saying I am insignificant I sure do take up some of your time and I make a good difference in a lot of peoples lives that are close to me....so STEEE-rike two. And to address your final comment my simple narrow minded little brain is advanced enough to not NEED an imaginary friend to explain the unexplainable and keep the boogy-man away when I'm dead.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
This is why I can not reject my faith.

The universe/universes are infinite and our knowledge is finite. We will never get to the point of having infinite knowledge. Therefore we will always have faith in something. We were "made" to have faith. Do you agree?

Absolutely not

Thanatos

I and others have repeatedly proved that the writings in the Bible are not true. There is no god so Moses did not speak to him. You and I each have the same amount of proof that there is no God. I just accept it.

I am not sure what you mean by the last statement but at 6'1" and 243lbs I am not exactly little, unless your over 7 feet tall then I'll give you that. If you are saying I am insignificant I sure do take up some of your time and I make a good difference in a lot of peoples lives that are close to me....so STEEE-rike two. And to address your final comment my simple narrow minded little brain is advanced enough to not an imaginary friend to explain the unexplainable and keep the boogy-man away when I'm dead.

In the context of the universe you are nothing and your thoughts and opinions are nothing. You are dew drop evaporating off a blade of grass as the sun warms the air for only a moment on a single day.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
In the context of the universe you are nothing and your thoughts and opinions are nothing. You are dew drop evaporating off a blade of grass as the sun warms the air for only a moment on a single day.

Welcome to the club. Unlike your god we will have at least left our mark.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Well...that tells us a lot. Thanks for playing. I know you dont give a hoot, but I do pray for you guys. I will continue to do so.

Don't waste your time praying. Free Will erases it and predestination says I never had a chance. Those are your gods rules.