Faith in Randomness

TheBishop

Hilarious!!! No one can disprove anything. It is not possible. Someone talked about the "fact" that matter cannot be created or destroyed. It is eternal.

Well, I invite anyone to come up with ANY scientific experiment that includes the variable of eternity. Good luck.

It makes me laugh to see that some people have the utmost faith in something like science, when they don't have a clue how it works.

Don't tell me that my gun shoots blanks when yours shoots backwards. Point the barrel forwards.

Can matter be created or destoyed oh wise scientist? Can you tell me how the law of conservation of mass/energy/matter is wrong? Any links?

stringmusic

Can matter be created or destoyed oh wise scientist? Can you tell me how the law of conservation of mass/energy/matter is wrong? Any links?

Current observable matter cannot be created or destroyed, but logic tells us that it cannot be eternal either, thus, a supernatural explaintion for how matter came to be is reasonable.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Current observable matter cannot be created or destroyed, but logic tells us that it cannot be eternal either, thus, a supernatural explaintion for how matter came to be is reasonable.

Logic and supernatural should not be used together.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I wanna hear the logic part of it!!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We've went through it before, many times, but I suppose we could go at it again if you'd like.

string you make posts about logic(and whatever), we discuss it to death,then you make references to it as if what you've posted before somehow is the definitive version. You suddenly just stop talking about subjects when you run out of substantial replies hoping the others forget about it, then bring it back up later.
Yeah lets talk about it. You post about Triton going past the rings of Saturn.......that logic might work for you but it does not work for others.
We observed and understand less than 1% of the Universe. It is far much easier to send in some supernatural explanation than think that we are the result of a Universe full of complex matters. We have not even scratched the surface of our Universe and people want to go beyond that with claims of a supernatural maker, and not only that but narrow those crazy odds into ONE single maker and understand it's thoughts and intentions.
Yes, lets discuss the Logic of it.

stringmusic

string you make posts about logic(and whatever), we discuss it to death,then you make references to it as if what you've posted before somehow is the definitive version. You suddenly just stop talking about subjects when you run out of substantial replies hoping the others forget about it, then bring it back up later.
The part in red is why I "suddenly" stop talking about subjects

Yeah lets talk about it. You post about Triton going past the rings of Saturn.......that logic might work for you but it does not work for others.We observed and understand less than 1% of the Universe. It is far much easier to send in some supernatural explanation than think that we are the result of a Universe full of complex matters. We have not even scratched the surface of our Universe and people want to go beyond that with claims of a supernatural maker, and not only that but narrow those crazy odds into ONE single maker and understand it's thoughts and intentions.
Yes, lets discuss the Logic of it.

Logic is universal, there is no logic that works for you and doesn't work for me.

If A is before B, then B is not before A.

You can look at that scenario any way you want to, but it wont change the logic of it.

I'll bump my Willard thread and we'll discuss this there.

Ambush is going to be so happy.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
God is supernatural. He exists outside of our natural world. "He" is a man as we are made in "his" image. God must have arms and fingers and toes. This supernatural man lives in a supernatural place. "He" has supernatural friends called angels that live there with him. Anyone that believes in this supernatural man that lives in a supernatural place also becomes supernatural when they die as they now float,fly,ascend, glide, take elevators supernaturally "up" to a supernatural place called Heaven. This place "exists"(supernaturally of course) in a realm outside of our own. Because "he" is supernatural "he" can jump in and out of both the supernatural "world" and the natural world. We actually don't have a single shred of proof of it's existence but somehow we know all about these supernatural places and people that exist BEYOND the observable Universe(which we have no understanding of) but these supernatural things we have a total understanding of, despite NEVER being observed anywhere at any time by anyone.
Supernatural, naturally illogical.

stringmusic

Logically, If that is right then all the other stuff is right too.

Not really. You can't just say "God is supernatural" and then go about making up random things about the definition of supernatural.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Not really. You can't just say "God is supernatural" and then go about making up random things about the definition of supernatural.

Whoa fella, I didn't make up anything. I used your supernatural buddies book.

TheBishop

Without using willard can you explain how stuff that cannot be created or destroyed NOT be eternal?

ted_BSR

As a wise scientist I would answer,"I don't know." to both questions you posed.

That is my point oh wisen heimer.

ambush80

As a wise scientist I would answer,"I don't know." to both questions you posed.

That is my point oh wisen heimer.

Tell us about the one thing that you know for certain and how you know it. Any believers can answer.

Last edited:

TheBishop

Philosophically and scientifically, nothing is certain.

Yet you claim that you know god is real, the bible is the truth, and an absolute truth exsists. :rofl::rofl:

ted_BSR

Yet you claim that you know god is real, the bible is the truth, and an absolute truth exsists. :rofl::rofl:

I have faith in these things. Why do you have such a hard time discerning between knowing and believing?

atlashunter

I wonder out of all the space and time embodied by the universe how much of it contains life. Sure seems like a lot of lifeless space and time to be designed with us in mind.