Favorite Backpack

FlipKing

BeerThirty

I don't know if Camelback is still manufacturing backpacks, but they are top-notch quality. The one if have is more of a traditionally-sized backpack, military-style, and it has the hydration built into it. I don't think it would be big enough for what you're looking at, but I would not second-guess the quality. Not cheap either...

deast1988

I did a Kifaru Mini Keg, 2800. I measured my body ordered it waited for it to be built. The thing is an Absolute beast. I went to Colorado a few years back after months of rucking and condition I took a load out of 65lbs in to the back country using a frame and bag from Kifaru it took hold of me I ordered one of the internal frame packs. I’ve carried salt and feed 80lb trips into remote sections of the property I hunt no issue. Used it on public Illinois last year for 2 mile hikes in. Zero complaints. The thing is built solid.

Jim Boyd

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a badlands 2200.

Probably break it in hanging some cameras this weekend.

You will love it.

You bought a Cadillac.

chrislibby88

I’ve got a Mystery Ranch Pintler. It is a framed pack, but it’s pretty dang lightweight. The Pintler bag is a perfect day bag size, blows out big enough, and compresses down small if it’s empty, although you really need a compression bag for bulky insulation inside the bag. I carry my climber on the meat shelf, but if you aren’t carrying a load your insulation could easily stow bewteeen the bag and frame. You can also pack meat on it if you find yourself way back.

rmp

I’ve got a lot of miles under Kifaru and Stone Glacier. There’s durable packs and there’s some that will take anything you throw at them. Both brands above have served me well, from a 3 day hike to packing out elk. Anything they make is solid IME.
I have friends that have had good experiences with Mystery Ranch and Eberlestock.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Another vote for the versatile Badlands 2200.
I love the rear entry, so you don't have to undo your bat wings to get into the main compartment. You can sit down (or not) loosing your shoulder staps, twist the dag arond in front of you without having to take it off...

Today on tha hill...
Ice cold gatorade.

20230702_120101.jpg

Also, if you get an extra strap with buckles to fit, you can go from one batwing and then loop around the pack to the other clip and create this extra narrow profile up top...
With a couple more of those straps, you can fit the kitchen sink on the meat shelf and under those batwings.

20230702_120252.jpg
20230702_120130.jpg

Last edited: