Field of Dreams

Timberman

I planted this field on 9/21. Oats and wheat on the farthest 2/3 and rape on the closest 1/3. The stand is right behind the dead snag you see on the left. About 6 acres total. The far wood line is 310 yards.

I'm in the woods now on acorns mostly but this won't be bad once things cool off. I like the fact that it is 10 minutes from work. :bounce:

Handgunner

Gorgeous looking plot! Why is your stand there though? Why not where you're standing when you took that picture? Do you ever run deer out of the field when entering it in the morning/evening?

stumpman

Banned
looks good we went out to look at mine tonight and some dont look so good i think the water did them in a couple of them are ok but we will wait and see when it cools off here more maybe they will do better.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Timber ----- if one comes in that lower side you better pack your bullet with salt.

To keep the meat from spoiling while you walk down there.

I know photos are deceiving but looks like a long shot? what's the total length of the plot?

You've built it --- they will come. :)

Timberman

Delton, you have to see the layout of the whole place. The left side of the pic is a narrow strip of woods that separate this field from a large field. The road enters the field right past that dead snag on the left. I had to drive around to take this pic. Plus I'm looking due south and that puts you're wind in the plot. All the deer come out straight in the front, to the right, and where I am. I put the stand on the left side of the road where it comes into the field. Walk down the road, climb up stand. I like to hide them too. Then the wind is blows your smell through a narrow strip of woods into a big field where no deer come from. It is 180 to this end, 130 to the other while in stand.

I had a stand to the right of where I'm standing, shot deer from it, and I moved it. IMO a long shot when I didn't have to and better wind. :)

I can also hunt this one if I get bored with the other. This is actually a better food plot IMO. Is amazing the # of deer this one produces, Good bucks too. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Phillips

Looks great Timber :shoot:

Handgunner

Thanks Timber...

That makes sense then. Nice lookin' plots you got! Once season gets underway let's see what they produce. :D

E

early riser

Awesome looking fields, looks like a hunting video green field!

Imagine the food toneage you are supplying to the wildife over the coming winter months!

Looks GREAT!

early riser