Fields scored higher

BamaGeorgialine

I know the feeling as I barely remember the Buckeyes whoopin Bama in their previous meeting. Bama wasn't missing 13 players including 7 starters either. :wink:
I'd would have taken a completely healthy Waddell against a completely healthy OSU and still won some money. Maybe they'll get to tie up again this year at some point. As far as Fields being as good Malhomes is like the other guy mentioned, that's a pretty tall order. Malhomes had those crazy arm angles and scrambles throughout his whole college career. He's a different kind of athlete in my opinion. Like always, time will tell

Ray357

AWOL
I think JF will do better in the NFL at least in the short term than TL just for the fact he will be on a better team, TL will have a hard time in Jacksonville at least for a couple of years.
T.L. (IMO) over performed his freshman year and under performed the rest of his time at Clemson. His receivers made him his first year.

Tight Lines

I'd would have taken a completely healthy Waddell against a completely healthy OSU and still won some money. Maybe they'll get to tie up again this year at some point. As far as Fields being as good Malhomes is like the other guy mentioned, that's a pretty tall order. Malhomes had those crazy arm angles and scrambles throughout his whole college career. He's a different kind of athlete in my opinion. Like always, time will tell

Agreed, I didn't mean to imply he could be as good, just that he has the brains and skills to be almost as good...but he will have to evolve. Mahomes is a freak and can throw the ball like no one one I've ever seen. I was in Denver at Mile High when he scrambled left, and switched the ball to his left hand and threw a completion off balance. Insane. I'm a Chiefs fan and a Mahomes fan...Fields will need to step up and evolve...but he is better *I think* than most give him credit for...as you say, we shall see soon enough!

Last edited:

ddavis1120

Rain Man had a good memory too! Not sure what it has to do with being an NFL quarterback. Wish the kid the best, honestly do but not willing to say he is a can't miss NFL quarterback.

Tight Lines

One of Field's challenges is he just didn't play that many games...he was a great QB in high school but he really played 3 years, one of which was not the starting spot...

DBM78

Call me a hater but I question his mental aptitude.

1. Signed with UGA thinking he would beat out Jake Fromm. If he was better Smart would have played him.

2. National championship game he didn't check out of the fake punt. I've seen interviews where Smart said there was a audible if the play was coveted. Smart probably could of but never did throw fields under the bus.

3. If he is so great why was nobody getting after Urban to draft him first overall?

Madsnooker

Don't get me wrong, even if OSU didn't have anyone out because of covid and Sermon didn't get injured on the first play and Fields was 100% healthy, it was unlikely OSU would have won. Bama had a great team and OSUs defensive back 7 was not good enough. I do think OSU could have scored alot more though and the game much more competitive. I was just messing with ya. ;)

Madsnooker

Call me a hater but I question his mental aptitude.

1. Signed with UGA thinking he would beat out Jake Fromm. If he was better Smart would have played him.

2. National championship game he didn't check out of the fake punt. I've seen interviews where Smart said there was a audible if the play was coveted. Smart probably could of but never did throw fields under the bus.

3. If he is so great why was nobody getting after Urban to draft him first overall?
Point 1 and 2 are conjecture and point 3 makes no sense. Fields never played for Meyer and Meyer picking Lawerence doesn't mean that Meyer thinks Fields can't be a great qb?

Yea he just got lucky on the mental aptitude test and picked the right answers to outscore every player that ever took the test (over 6500). Everyone one that ever worked directly with Fields says he is a fantastic qb and a quick learner. Go back and read about the elite 11 that Fields and Lawrence competed against each other and you will find out Fields won the elite 11 directly because he learned the playback for the camp faster then anyone. Now we know why.

If he can't cut it in the nfl we will know soon enough.

Fletch_W

Banned
I don't recall anyone ever attacking fields based on intelligence, he had an incredible ACT score coming out of Harrison High.

His maturity level and unwavering despair of being QB2 for a year after he said he was fine with being #2 for a year, followed by the race card crap, is what made uga fans turn on him.

Players transfer out of UGA every year and the Bulldawg Nation generally wish them well. Fields did it the wrong way.

BamaGeorgialine

Don't get me wrong, even if OSU didn't have anyone out because of covid and Sermon didn't get injured on the first play and Fields was 100% healthy, it was unlikely OSU would have won. Bama had a great team and OSUs defensive back 7 was not good enough. I do think OSU could have scored alot more though and the game much more competitive. I was just messing with ya. ;)
It's all good buddy. I wouldn't be on here if I couldn't take a little ribbin! Makes it fun

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I don't recall anyone ever attacking fields based on intelligence, he had an incredible ACT score coming out of Harrison High.

His maturity level and unwavering despair of being QB2 for a year after he said he was fine with being #2 for a year, followed by the race card crap, is what made uga fans turn on him.

Players transfer out of UGA every year and the Bulldawg Nation generally wish them well. Fields did it the wrong way.
Oh wow..... Troof

nickel back

Also, in a just released interview Day had with the Chicago Bears, Day said Fields probably shouldn't have played against Alabama and could hardly get out of bed leading up to the game each day. Day said Fields couldn't practice after the Clemson game and his first snap after Clemson was his first snap against Alabama. Wow .Said Fields actually played great in the first half scoring on 3 of first 4 drives. After half he said Fields couldn't raise throwing arm above his head or take deep breaths. Day said Fields couldn't throw deep and didn't attempt a pass longer then 25yds and it really limited the offense. After the game against Bama when asked about his performance Fields just said Bama played great. Fields is a class act.

Sounds like Day should have his butt handed to him for playing a hurt player, if Fields was that bad,,,,Shame on Day

nickel back

FACTS right here ^^^^^^^

GTMODawg

BANNED
I see Justin Fields being the next Jameis Winston. And the "odds" are on my side.

I'd bet he leans more that way than being a hall of famer. He should have never signed with UGA but he did and did not get the chance to improve in a period critical to a QBs development with NFL aspirations. I bet he has a career if he doesn't get injured and it ends prematurely but I don't think he has had the opportunity to develop that he needed to be ready for the NFL. I wish him the best. As long as he never beat UGA he is OK in my book LOL....

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I didn't think the NFL released the scores of the intelligence tests the players took or has that changed?

Fletch_W

Banned
He should have never signed with UGA but he did and did not get the chance to improve in a period critical to a QBs development with NFL aspirations. ....

Most QB's don't start as freshmen. It wasn't long ago that such a thing was unheard of. I don't believe he lost development time. In fact I think we played him too much. Should have redshirted him (still could have played in 4 games). You don't think being on UGA's roster as an early enrollee and at the QB2 position for all the practices and walk throughs and film room didn't help him in his "critical period to a QB's development" ?

It's almost as if you are saying if a freshman QB doesn't start, then he's not being developed.

And what do you mean by "he should have never signed with UGA"?