Fields scored higher

greendawg

I'll say it for the ten billioneth time, Justin Fields would have started in year 2 at UGA. When being recruited and after he went to UGA, he and his had said they knew he might not start his freshman year and they were ok with that. However when the rubber met the road and Fields got to play in package or late in games, it was obvious he was not ready. He had one read and if it wasn't there, he took off running. He got way too many head shots, especially against MTSU, even though that was a cheap shot. The talent was there and he would have been a great QB at UGA if he didn't expect the job to be handed to him. Instead he used the guy yelling at him as an excuse to leave and get a guaranteed job in a more dual threat system.

Coenen

I wonder if he feels unsafe on the team? Could be the reason he’s staying hurt.
Would you feel safe behind that rancid offensive line?

I'm a Packers fan, and it's almost painful for me to watch the Bears' organization flailing around year after year. They need to clean house top to bottom, with bleach, before they'll be able to turn that thing around.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Also, in a just released interview Day had with the Chicago Bears, Day said Fields probably shouldn't have played against Alabama and could hardly get out of bed leading up to the game each day. Day said Fields couldn't practice after the Clemson game and his first snap after Clemson was his first snap against Alabama. Wow .Said Fields actually played great in the first half scoring on 3 of first 4 drives. After half he said Fields couldn't raise throwing arm above his head or take deep breaths. Day said Fields couldn't throw deep and didn't attempt a pass longer then 25yds and it really limited the offense. After the game against Bama when asked about his performance Fields just said Bama played great. Fields is a class act.
I bet jt Daniels hurt worse than him when he played this year for the dawgs though ?

MudDucker

Staff member
He sure didn't look like a genius on the 4th down play against Bama.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
ED5121D7-FD23-497C-A910-E3417BBC750D.jpeg

MudDucker

Staff member
I see Justin Fields being the next Jameis Winston. And the "odds" are on my side.

Well, from what I hear, the kid is a good kid whose father is over the top. Hopefully when he is on his own, he will make the right decisions.

Well, from what I hear, the kid is a good kid whose father is over the top. Hopefully when he is on his own, he will make the right decisions.
He’s nothing more than a pampered, spoiled little brat that has more interceptions than TD’s.

Ray357

AWOL
Day has said numerous times even last year that Fields could pick stuff up effortlessly and also implement it quickly. I have hired 100s of employees over the years and I have never had someone that had a Great memory also not be very smart but perhaps you could be right?

It still just amazes me at how many people seem to just not give him his due with the numbers he has put up and how great he plays. Even with this aptitute score which was extraordinary outscoring over 6500 previous players he will get responses just like your reply.
To clarify further, a Dr I go to has a son with Autism. He tells me all about his son. His son has a photographic memory, but can't even live by himself. Can't cook. Can't drive. Can't keep any kind of Job, but he can quote books to you near word for word.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Its pretty disingenuous to suggest that Fields is only test smart or book smart of whatever it is that would dampen the fact that he apparently scored very high on the test. It could well be that he is indeed very smart while simultaneously struggled at UGA to beat out Jake Fromm....the two are not mutually exclusive.

The point is moot. UGA's current philosophy does not rely on Heisman level QB play. It's all about power running game setting up the passing game and great defense coupled with solid special teams play. It is a formula that has worked excellently in the past at other schools and has worked pretty darn well at UGA for the last 30 years or so. and arguably the last 80 or so years. UGA is the most consistent program in the last 30 years and has averaged about 9 wins a season over that time frame. UGA is in the CFP this week and is favored to advance to the championship game. Had we not soiled the linen against Alabama in the SEC CG no one would doubt that this was still UGA's year.....with a QB who would struggle to start at any other program. QB play just ain't that important at UGA. Should it be? Probably, but saying so exposes one to accusations of not being a Dawg fan and wanting the head coach fired immediately.

Resica

To clarify further, a Dr I go to has a son with Autism. He tells me all about his son. His son has a photographic memory, but can't even live by himself. Can't cook. Can't drive. Can't keep any kind of Job, but he can quote books to you near word for word.
Poor analogy!

toolmkr20

Its pretty disingenuous to suggest that Fields is only test smart or book smart of whatever it is that would dampen the fact that he apparently scored very high on the test. It could well be that he is indeed very smart while simultaneously struggled at UGA to beat out Jake Fromm....the two are not mutually exclusive.

The point is moot. UGA's current philosophy does not rely on Heisman level QB play. It's all about power running game setting up the passing game and great defense coupled with solid special teams play. It is a formula that has worked excellently in the past at other schools and has worked pretty darn well at UGA for the last 30 years or so. and arguably the last 80 or so years. UGA is the most consistent program in the last 30 years and has averaged about 9 wins a season over that time frame. UGA is in the CFP this week and is favored to advance to the championship game. Had we not soiled the linen against Alabama in the SEC CG no one would doubt that this was still UGA's year.....with a QB who would struggle to start at any other program. QB play just ain't that important at UGA. Should it be? Probably, but saying so exposes one to accusations of not being a Dawg fan and wanting the head coach fired immediately.

CBFEF45E-3B2E-413F-9057-6E138E0BD8F7.jpeg