Interesting stat on Fields the draft network put together

Madsnooker

The first column is the percentage of attempts after first read and the second column is completion percentage of those throws. Accuracy and placement speak for themselves. This, coupled with Fields having the highest score ever on that aptitude test debunks alot of the misinformation said about him and how fast he could read defenses. Not only was it laughable that he couldn't process info quickly, and that he couldn't go thru his progressions, he actually did it better then anyone including sunshine, as well as do it more accurately. WOW!!!
The 2 years I watched Fields I was amazed at his accuracy and how well he performed. i guess my eyes didn't deceive me. :wink:

Amazed at the pup fans that Said Fields couldn't go thru progressions but yet he did it at twice the clip the pups current qb could with double the accuracy. Lol

I was also surprised to read in that article that Matt Jones threw screens 50% of the time on his first read. When he had to throw to his second read he couldn't hit the side of a barn with the lowest percentage and worst accuracy rate. His running backs and receivers really made him look great.

Anyway, interesting info.

Screenshot_20210622-222201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
The first column is the percentage of attempts after first read and the second column is completion percentage of those throws. Accuracy and placement speak for themselves. This, coupled with Fields having the highest score ever on that aptitude test debunks alot of the misinformation said about him and how fast he could read defenses. Not only was it laughable that he couldn't process info quickly, and that he couldn't go thru his progressions, he actually did it better then anyone including sunshine, as well as do it more accurately. WOW!!!
The 2 years I watched Fields I was amazed at his accuracy and how well he performed. i guess my eyes didn't deceive me. :wink:

Amazed at the pup fans that Said Fields couldn't go thru progressions but yet he did it at twice the clip the pups current qb could with double the accuracy. Lol

I was also surprised to read in that article that Matt Jones threw screens 50% of the time on his first read. When he had to throw to his second read he couldn't hit the side of a barn with the lowest percentage and worst accuracy rate. His running backs and receivers really made him look great.

Anyway, interesting info.

View attachment 1087034
:pop:

TinKnocker

Super Bowl or bust.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Yeah but it's in the B1G where defense is optional. Time will tell if he actually can hang with men on the other side of the line.

Coenen

The Bears will still find a way to screw it up.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It's nearly impossible to predict a QB's success in the NFL. For every Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, and Tom Brady (who were all picked in later rounds of the draft), you have a David Carr, Tim Couch, and JaMarcus Russell all picked in the first round.

Coenen

That's what worries me the most. I have no idea how good the bears oline is or what type of offense they run?
Nagy was supposed to be their Sean McVay, but even when they've been OK under him he hasn't shown great feel for the game. Couple that with a front office that loves trading high picks for players and won't be able to restock with young talent for a couple years, and Fields won't have much margin for error.

He'll have to be great by himself, because they won't be able to give him much help. If they move on from Nagy that'll hurt too; young guys don't do well when the team is on the coaching carousel. A new system every few years is no way to develop a QB, and I can't see them giving Nagy much more than a couple more seasons if there isn't a dramatic turnaround.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It's nearly impossible to predict a QB's success in the NFL. For every Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, and Tom Brady (who were all picked in later rounds of the draft), you have a David Carr, Tim Couch, and JaMarcus Russell all picked in the first round.

Add Aaron Rogers to that first group of names.

Madsnooker

That's correct.
I remember Jeff George from Illinios. He was hyped like Trevor Lawerence and he did have a great arm and threw a beautiful ball and was supposed to be a can't miss in the nfl but he was. That might have had more to do with his attitude then his ability I can't remember? Point still stands though.

Tight Lines

Joe Montana, third round. I still say he is the best of all time...if he had been in the same draft class as Brady, he'd have been the GOAT. IMHO. He was drafted at 82 vs. Brady at 199. Brady may be the best last draft pick ever and will never be touched...

Last edited:

Tight Lines

That's correct.
I remember Jeff George from Illinios. He was hyped like Trevor Lawerence and he did have a great arm and threw a beautiful ball and was supposed to be a can't miss in the nfl but he was. That might have had more to do with his attitude then his ability I can't remember? Point still stands though.
I don't think Lawrence can be a bust...the kid is mature and put together...he may not turn out as everyone expects but that kid is some kind of amazing...we will see of course, but I just don't see him falling apart...