FINALLY!! Will he make P&Y

GrantC77

Good lord man what were you aiming for? Congrats on a great deer. He will gross 125 for sure not sure if he will Net it. Print out a score sheet and do it yourself and not sure but i think you have to wait 90 days for a official score.

davidhelmly

Beautiful buck nb, I would think he would be close but no way to know until you put a tape on him.

The Donk

Cheers to you for posting that picture with the arrow stuck in that Buck's neck. That is priceless. A little luck goes a long ways on a nice buck like that.

new blood

Wow! Thank you'll for all the congratulations responses. Just to be clear, I would like to say that I acknowledge that this was a totally lucky shot. I am an aim behind the front shoulder shooter and I have no idea how my arrow hit where it did. When he turned his head around towards me, he was was still quartering away. I felt like I was holding steady on him but don't feel like that's where I was aiming. I had no time to range him. The fact that I severed his spine and dropped him on the spot was a miracle. That's why I stated I couldn't believe what happened.

As far as measuring him, I am familiar with how to do it. I have had a deer I shot 11 years ago officially scored. I was in such a hurry to get him out of the woods, dropped off at the processor, and then the taxidermist 60 miles out of the way, and then home that I just didn't even think about it til later. My father had been in the hospital all last week and I thought he was improving, but was told Friday night that he still needed further testing. I was going to cut my trip short and head home. Not needing to track him for hours really helped me get home sooner so that was a blessing.

For reference, I am 6 foot, 200 pounds. This is an Evans county deer.

For comparison, below is a picture of the deer I had scored that grossed just under 134" and netted just under 128". I believe this deer is about the same caliber. I believe it will be close as well. I wish I would have made some measurements when I dropped him off but don't want to bother the taxidermist at this point. Just wanted to get a few opinions. Thanks again for the nice comments!

Attachments

• deer pic 2007.jpe
    deer pic 2007.jpe
    193.9 KB · Views: 45

davidhelmly

Got your PM David. Thank you for the offer to measure him. He is at the taxidermist and I probably will not get him home til March.
Not a problem, just thought I would offer. I always pick my horns up from the taxidermist after he cuts the skull plate off for safe keeping. :bounce:

buckpasser

If it’s worrying you, most taxidermists I know will let you take the rack home for a while until it’s your turn. It’s probably already on the chain by now.