First Buck on Farm

NMH5050

I bought land three years ago and have not personally shot a deer on it. A bunch of ducks and hogs and my son got his first there last year is what we have taken. Since I became a land owner my eagerness to shoot has diminished and take more enjoyment in watching them. I have passed on some really nice deer waiting for the right one or moment and it happened for me yesterday morning. I shot him at 170 yards and only knew that he was a mature deer which is all that I am really after besides some quite time. He is a 10pt and weighed in at 204.5#.

Attachments

• 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 376
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 381

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations. Happy to hear that you take so much pleasure in property ownership.

ucfireman

I bought land three years ago and have not personally shot a deer on it. A bunch of ducks and hogs and my son got his first there last year is what we have taken. Since I became a land owner my eagerness to shoot has diminished and take more enjoyment in watching them. I have passed on some really nice deer waiting for the right one or moment and it happened for me yesterday morning. I shot him at 170 yards and only knew that he was a mature deer which is all that I am really after besides some quite time. He is a 10pt and weighed in at 204.5#.
Know what you mean, kind of get attached and like watching them too.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Congrats, man!

uturn

Congratulations…haven‘t killed one my place yet on my journey as well!

300 Mag

Dang nice buck and I can relate, we bought our place 4 years ago and I spend more time filming deer from the stand than shooting them.

Big7

The Oracle
GOOOOOOOOT'

That's a nice Buck.

Congratulations on getting a big boy on your own dirt.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Congratulations on the new place and a big ole buck! :cheers:
I see a lotta good times in your future!:clap:

bilgerat

Senior
Nothing like the feeling when you take the first good buck off your own property . Congrats !