First Trip to Cape San Blas

Upatoi Sportsman

Last weekend, my wife and visited Cape San Blas for the first time. While she laid on the beach, I was able to do some beach fishing. It was a weekend of first. I caught my first flounder which was great even if it was only about 8 inches. I also caught a few croakers and catfish. I know these are not the prime targets while surf fishing but it was a fun day none the less. The place we stayed had a dock on the bay side and I was able to do a little fishing off it too. I caught my first 19+ inch trout Sunday morning.
I look forward to making a few return trips down there in the near future and taking my kayak with me to do some fishing and exploring in the bay.

Attachments

• seatrout.jpg
    seatrout.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 73
  • flounder.jpg
    flounder.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 80
  • sail cat.jpg
    sail cat.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 79
  • croaker.jpg
    croaker.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 79

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Last weekend, my wife and visited Cape San Blas for the first time. While she laid on the beach, I was able to do some beach fishing. It was a weekend of first. I caught my first flounder which was great even if it was only about 8 inches. I also caught a few croakers and catfish. I know these are not the prime targets while surf fishing but it was a fun day none the less. The place we stayed had a dock on the bay side and I was able to do a little fishing off it too. I caught my first 19+ inch trout Sunday morning.
I look forward to making a few return trips down there in the near future and taking my kayak with me to do some fishing and exploring in the bay.

If you go back, get you a sand flea rake, some fish bites, and some pompano rigs. The Cape has some great pompano fishing on the beach and you'll catch whiting too.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Never stayed on Cape San Blas.
We love SGI though.

Latest posts