For those that have the Glock 19 and 26...

intargc

I currently own the 19 and love it. However, there are times that it is a little hard for me to conceal it properly and it tends to print. Especially in my summer clothing with no coat to wear and such. I primarily conceal OWB for two reasons: 1) Running in and out of places with no handgun policies and 2) Comfort. Just not a fan yet of IWB as far as comfort goes... maybe I'll adapt soon.

Anyway, my wife has a 26 and the other day I picked it up and put it in my 19 holster and it fit relatively well but I just noticed how much less it printed and how it was decently lighter. Wife didn't know I had it on me while she usually knows I have my 19 on me.

For those that own both, do you feel as if both get equal use by you? I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to pick one up for myself for the summer times, but I get a tad concerned I'll quit using my beloved 19 if I do this and that would just be blasphemy.

Any thoughts or opinions?

I have a 27 that carries very well.....in fact if I were to carry a 19 or a 23 those would seem to big to me.

frankwright

I owned a G19 and later bought a G26. I carried them both and did find the G26 carried a little easier, a little less clothing consideration.

I eventually sold them both but when I got a GSSF discount certificate for a Glock I really wrestled with which one to get again. I decided on the 26. It shoots as well as the 19 and I carry a 19 magazine as a backup so you get the best of both worlds.

Both are great guns and you will not go wrong with either. If you carry OWB with a cover shirt, either will conceal about equally. If you want to carry with shorts and a T-shirt, I vote for the G26.

Like President Obama:hair: and full disclosure, I carry a G30 80% of the time.

grizzlyblake

I'm a smaller guy and I carry a G23. I got a Wilderness Tactical belt and planned on getting an MTAC Minotaur holster, but started using the Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holster I had. I wear jeans and an untucked T-shirt or collared shirt and it conceals just fine on me and the cheap holster is actually pretty good. I don't think I'll be buying an MTAC anytime soon.

While having a small CC is nice (I used to carry a Kel-Tec .32), I think I would be very glad to have 13 .40 shots in situation that I actually needed my gun.

intargc

I definitely don't plan on trading out the G19, it's a keeper. I just wanted to see what others carry most of the time if they own both of these (or the 23/27 or even a 38/39 or 21/30, etc, etc...)

I think the 19 conceals on me fine if I'm always standing up and wear a very large shirt untucked, but if I sit down at a restaurant, it's not only very uncomfortable, but it definitely prints... and I have a very thick and sturdy belt, so it's not necessarily that. Just the larger grip poking out on me.

GusGus

What kind of IWB are you currently using? There are alot of holsters out there that are pretty comfortable to wear. I carry IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck, I can carry my XD45 service and it disappears. I do carry my G27 more and can hardly even tell Im wearing it. C-Tac, Milt Sparks Versa Max, and the All Day Holsters IWB are very similar.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I currently own the 19 and love it. However, there are times that it is a little hard for me to conceal it properly and it tends to print. Especially in my summer clothing with no coat to wear and such. I primarily conceal OWB for two reasons: 1) Running in and out of places with no handgun policies and 2) Comfort. Just not a fan yet of IWB as far as comfort goes... maybe I'll adapt soon.

Anyway, my wife has a 26 and the other day I picked it up and put it in my 19 holster and it fit relatively well but I just noticed how much less it printed and how it was decently lighter. Wife didn't know I had it on me while she usually knows I have my 19 on me.

For those that own both, do you feel as if both get equal use by you? I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to pick one up for myself for the summer times, but I get a tad concerned I'll quit using my beloved 19 if I do this and that would just be blasphemy.

Any thoughts or opinions?

I carry my 26 (w/10 RND no extension mags)everywhere. It is easy to conceal, fits in a pocket, and I can shoot it very good. Plus it takes the 17 & 19 mags.

intargc

What kind of IWB are you currently using? There are alot of holsters out there that are pretty comfortable to wear. I carry IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck, I can carry my XD45 service and it disappears. I do carry my G27 more and can hardly even tell Im wearing it. C-Tac, Milt Sparks Versa Max, and the All Day Holsters IWB are very similar.

I've only tried the Don Hume one and Galco Summer Comfort. They're Ok and I'm sure the supertuck or ctac is probably a little more comfortable, but I definitely need an easy on/easy off one for when I'm running in and out of work or other buildings that do not allow carry.

intargc

I carry my 26 (w/10 RND no extension mags)everywhere. It is easy to conceal, fits in a pocket, and I can shoot it very good. Plus it takes the 17 & 19 mags.

Do you also own the 19 or 17? Do you shoot them regularly with the 26, or does your 26 get way more use and your 19 or 17 just kind of sits and collects dust?

dertiedawg

I have the G26 and carry in 3 different holsters. I use a Galco (OWB) belt holster, the Uncle Mike IWB and a smart carry. The G26 carries well but there are some that carry better. My next carry piece will be the S&W 340PD (hammerless Airlight 357mag revolver), its much lighter and smaller and has much more knockdown power. Only drawback is the price which is why I dont have it... yet!!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Do you also own the 19 or 17? Do you shoot them regularly with the 26, or does your 26 get way more use and your 19 or 17 just kind of sits and collects dust?

I use my 17 if I am hunting or working on my property. The 26 gets used primarily for concealed carry. Yes, I shoot both regularly and neither gathers dust:flag:

TurkeyH90

I own a 19 and a 26. The 26 carries fairly well but not as good as my snubbie Smith. Never tried to carry the 19 concealed but I can tell you that if I was ever in a "situation" I would rather have it than any pistol I have ever owned or fired. The 26 now resides in my wifes purse, which is great because she can dang sure shoot it and if we are together I have two options.

GusGus

I've only tried the Don Hume one and Galco Summer Comfort. They're Ok and I'm sure the supertuck or ctac is probably a little more comfortable, but I definitely need an easy on/easy off one for when I'm running in and out of work or other buildings that do not allow carry.

I usually just pull my pistol out of the holster and leave the holster on if I have to run in the post office or court house or something of that nature.

intargc

My problem is work. During the week I spend more time in the office and in a chair than other places. But when I go to lunch or leave the office at all, I want to carry but not have to spends time taking off and putting on a holster everytime for only an hours worth of use.

Luke0927

are you just trying to avoid OC...?Im like you when i carry my glock 22 I carry OWB and if what im wearing conceals it great if not i don't worry.

intargc

Yes, I'm trying to keep it concealed. I'm new to carrying all together and currently not interested OCing for personal reasons.

tv_racin_fan

You could try a clipdraw for those work day times you want to carry.

kurt

Use the 19 for relatively easy hunts and for more firepower when concealing is not an issue(truck,backpack,purse,nightstand) use the 26 for backpack hunts where weight is an issue and when you gotta conceal on your person

257 roberts

Had a 19,I now have a 26 and a 17(I carry my 26 in a Galco pocket holster and when that doesn't work I carry a LCP or a S&W 442)