Franklin County Fall Auction 2020

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
You going?? @Milkman LORD willing I plan to go do my inspection maybe Thursday and see if I need to go Sat.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You going?? @Milkman LORD willing I plan to go do my inspection maybe Thursday and see if I need to go Sat.

Same as you. Lord willing I hope to go. I live 60 miles away and doubt I make a scouting trip like you locals can. If I decide to sell something I would make an early trip.
I am sure it will be a little different with masks and folks trying to stay a few feet apart. I have not been in any large crowd type situation since being there in early March. It will be interesting.

Last edited:

K80Shooter

I guess with the covid situation and my wife's medical issues that I will be missing this auction.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I would very much like to come up to the auction and meet you all. I've not forgotten our discussion,and it seems more enjoyable than ever. I had planned on bringing my son in law and his daddy,who grew up on a small farm with me. We had better plan this meeting for a future date,there's too much uncertainty about health issues. This covid mess has ruined a lot of our plans,too many I'd say.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good points guys. (Even the work) Y’all have me rethinking whether I should go or not ??????

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am planning on being there, the good Lord willing. There are a few things I am looking for to use on the farm. I really hope the covid keeps a lot of folks staying at home, so I don't have so many to bid against. lol

Really, my thought on the covid is this. #1, we will be outside. #2, a virus gonna do what a virus gonna do. #3, I can stay back from people and check out equipment, then stay at the back of the crowd and bid. Those auctioneers have 8 eyes in their heads, and if you twitch wrong, they will take your bid. #4, Pappy needs a break from all his other goings on anyway.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I don't think there will be mask requirement since it's outside.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there will be mask requirement since it's outside.

Not so much a requirement as a safety precaution. I wonder if there will be hundreds of spectators as usual.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Rebel Auction is having a sale this Saturday at their Eatonton location. They are setting up in a spot visible from US 441. I came by there today. It is primarily heavy equipment and trailers. Several road tractors. I could only see a dozen or so farm sized items.

http://rebelauction.net/

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I may attend but will have to make that call next week. Have a couple things I wouldn't mind picking up for the right price and would like to meet some fellow GON'ers.

donblfihu

Could someone please post a link to this sale. Is there a list or link of the items for sale. I'd like to go if they're some things I'm looking for, one thing is a cultipacker another is a spreader.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Could someone please post a link to this sale. Is there a list or link of the items for sale. I'd like to go if they're some things I'm looking for, one thing is a cultipacker another is a spreader.

They don’t do that. You can find their Facebook page and see pics of what’s been brought in next week.

Beagler

I’m planning on being there, I live about 9 miles from Royston so pretty
Close... I doubt if I scout it out First I’ll just wing it and go . ??

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
They don’t do that. You can find their Facebook page and see pics of what’s been brought in next week.

they usually start posting to their faceplant page on Tuesday or Wednesday before the auction. I am looking for an 8ft or 10 ft bushhog, if anyone does a preview of the sale