Gave Up On The Weather

chuckdog

I gave up on the weather allowing me to mow my 4 acre yard. It was knee high to a giraffe and I couldn’t stand it any longer.

I mowed the entire yard yesterday. It poured down on me twice, wind and lightning, but I kept going.

It took a while, but it turned out better than I ever expected. There’s areas that suffered a bit more than usual due to the mower fishtailing. Afterwards I pressure washed both the trim and zero turn. Looked like a pile of stuff off a honey wagon had been dumped on parking area near the shed.

I’ve been mowing grass for more than 50 years. I believe it was the first time that I ever started a cut with it raining.

Scott Rogers

Yeah, been a bit of a pain. Had a new roof put on Wed, they finished just before it started pouring again. Was originally scheduled to have it done last monday but rain pushed it back.. Was very nerve racking praying they would finish before the next downpour

chuckdog

Glad you got the roof done. We had ours replaced late last summer/early fall.

Once those contractors got on-site they knocked it out in a hurry.

One important note I left out of my original post, Wife is out of town. She would have dragged me kicking and screaming off the mower when the lightening got so bad!

She'd been the one doing kicking, likely me doing the screaming.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I did the same thing yesterday.

Mowed for 3+ hrs. I got about 4-5 acres mowed a minute and a half before it poured here for about 30-45 minutes. I was hoping it will dry out a little so I can weedeat.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Picked up all the pecan limbs and mowed yesterday. Nice and overcast with a breeze, watched the rain go all around my little place. Didn’t get a drop.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I gave up on the weather allowing me to mow my 4 acre yard. It was knee high to a giraffe and I couldn’t stand it any longer.

I mowed the entire yard yesterday. It poured down on me twice, wind and lightning, but I kept going.

It took a while, but it turned out better than I ever expected. There’s areas that suffered a bit more than usual due to the mower fishtailing. Afterwards I pressure washed both the trim and zero turn. Looked like a pile of stuff off a honey wagon had been dumped on parking area near the shed.

I’ve been mowing grass for more than 50 years. I believe it was the first time that I ever started a cut with it raining.
Congrats! Gonna have to give mine at least two more days of sunshine before I can get back on it. Lucky I got the new front wheels on and cut my 5 acres before all this rain started. Gonna pull the pan off tomorrow and put sharp blades on and grease the bearings, cut'n Tuesday.