Gon Letters

hunting 101

did any of you read the article in responce to raising out of state liscence? what did you think?

i do hate that hunting has become such a "high price". i also feel that a lot of this is b/c of the out of state hunters. but i dont know if there is a way to fix this. i think it is going to drive GA hunters to save their money and just take an out of state trip somewhere and hunt.

Walkie Takie

Everything is high /////////

101, we're all on the train together , we have to keep paying whatever it take to stay on the train untill we make a chose to quit or get off or start a new hobby ?????
prices will never go down for land or leases , it's just what you want to spend your extra money on ??? hunting , golf, camping, super vacations ????? could be anything ??
my brother-inlaw only spend's his money on movies and vacations ////// vacations are about $2000.00 a year and his cable bill is about $ 90.00 a month , or about $1080.00 per year , so he still spend's more on cable than I spend on hunting , butone day I will get off the train //////////
ps most members in our club in washington co will be from Flordia this year , with out them we could not keep the lease and I'am looking forward to hunting with them this year , not sure about the gon story ????? good luck and hang on w/t

Just 1 More

I was real impressed with the letter from Michael Vickers, Douglas, GA... NOT :mad: :mad:
I was going to comment but decided we didn't need to beat this resident vs non-resident dead horse again :cheers:

duckbill

Just 1 More said:
I was real impressed with the letter from Michael Vickers, Douglas, GA... NOT :mad: :mad:
I was going to comment but decided we didn't need to beat this resident vs non-resident dead horse again :cheers:

Same here! I'm wore out with it! I'm ready to hunt, now.

Bowhunter24

i would like to slap Michael Vickers upside the head with something, im so tired of hearing how its us florida hunters causeing all the price hikes, but im not gonna beat it to death either, I do know that i ahve talked to quite a few ga residents around my leases and they all say how much more polite and respectiful of the land us non-residents florida hunters are as to the hunters that lease land that come down from atlanta :huh:

hunting 101

i am not trying to get a state vs state battle. i personally do not care who comes in and hunts. i'm gonna do what it takes to make sure i have the right to hunt as well as everyone else, and then i will have to do what it takes to be sure i have the land to on. i do not like having to pay big prices to hunt but you gotta choose you battles just as walkie quoted.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I almost fell off the throne when I read his letter! :bounce:

I pictured Just1's head exploding and Bow24 having an anurism! :eek: ::ke:

Guy's I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for some of my fellow Georgian's ill-advised statements.

While, as I'm sure you all remember, I have no problem with the increase in the NR fee because it really brings the value closer to inline, I in no way agree that y'all have had much impact, if any on lease prices.

As was stated in an earlier post, name one thing that is demand that has not increased in price. If we grade for inflation, we will see that the prices on a precentage basis have actually remained somewhat constant.

We certainly don't need that Florida vs. Georgia battle opened back up.

At least while we're still working on the batting issue! :smash:

Bowhunter24

holly cow write it down, i actually agree with jeff young :fine:
And i even got a good laugh from the beginning of his post :rofl: :cheers:

jason308

The same thing that is happening with Georgia deer hunting is the same thing the folks out West say about us waterfowlers from other parts of the country.

raghorn

My apologies to our Florida friends , all Geogians don't feel that way. Our problems go a lot deeper than non-resident hunters unfotunately. Loss of habitat and more competition for available land will continue to escalate until regrettably a large amount of hunters will be forced to quit for economic reasons.My wife and family are understanding and don't complain much when I spend their Disney World money on a hunting lease thankfully, but someday I will be forced to throw in the towel and say enough already!Wth growth comes developemnt, and with developement comes loss of habitat,with that comes increased lease fees because someone WILL pay it. In the direction we are heading its a no win situation. :banginghe

1shot1kill

Bowhunter,before you go slapping anybody,I happen to know Michael and he is a pretty good sized boy.Alot of folks around here share his feelings!Most of the hunters around here know that if they don't pony-up the florida boys will.And the landowners know it too.Am I going to get into an argument with someone over lease prices and something I can't control.....hardly!I lease from one of the rare landowners that is looking out for the boys that were raised in the community.He knows he could get way more money from the Florida boys.....but doesn't want it.And yes I do feel that the number of non-residents have driven our leases up.Just my 2cents.

GrandSlamHunter

Robert Sowell said:
I predict this thread will be gone before morning. Thats GONe....

I more than welcome my Florida brothers. Ya'll bring the corn, I'll build the high fence, and we'll all be happy hunting together. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

There. That should do it Robert! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GSH

Just 1 More

1shot1kill said:
Bowhunter,before you go slapping anybody,I happen to know Michael and he is a pretty good sized boy..
Bowhunter... I got your back Brother... i'm only 6' 230,, but between the two of us,, we should be able to get it done

Bowhunter24

Im thankfull for Woodys, im glad to see that not everyone in ga wants to blame us fl hunters for everything, there are bad apples in everybunch fl or ga hunters,Im glad to see that not everyone in ga is as ignorant as Michael Vickers and 1shot1kill and are so closed minded and cant see whats going on all around them that they wanna sit on there pitty pot and blame us fl hunters when there are so many other reasons the lease prices are up, trust me i dont wanna pay anymore than i have to to lease land, on another note im not threatened by michael or his friends i will bring me and just 1 more up and slap the both of ya then, wouldnt be hard to to the Gators allways role over them ga boys every year so cant be that hard ::ke: I mean we had to let yall win last yr so u would wanna keep playing us :cheers:
Well im out, this thread will probably be yanked and if its not im just gonna sit back and watch fire roar :pop:

raghorn

Bowhunter24 said:
wouldnt be hard to to the Gators allways role over them ga boys every year so cant be that hard ::ke: I mean we had to let yall win last yr so u would wanna keep playing us :cheers:
Well im out, this thread will probably be yanked and if its not im just gonna sit back and watch fire roar :pop:
Hey now be careful, I've been on your side up till now , but my Dawgs are sacred! :cheers: :yeah:

SADDADDY

raghorn said:
Our problems go a lot deeper than non-resident hunters unfotunately. Loss of habitat and more competition for available land will continue to escalate until regrettably a large amount of hunters will be forced to quit for economic reasons.

raghorn said:
but someday I will be forced to throw in the towel and say enough already!Wth growth comes developemnt, and with developement comes loss of habitat,with that comes increased lease fees because someone WILL pay it. In the direction we are heading its a no win situation. :banginghe

You just described how Florida was 15-20 years ago and what happened as result of… :(

We lived it, and I am sorry that Georgia is not far from exactly what happened and is still happing here in Florida. :cry:

Walkie Takie

That not very nice ////////

Hey now, I like the Fla boys that hunt w/ us in Washington co , but really don't care much about this slapping stuff ????? or anyone ///////// not very nice at alll,
does'nt matter if your from Ga, or Fla or N.C. , or AL, or out west ///// we don't need that here ///////
and you can slam me all you want , but that the way I feel ////// w/t